Apple battles Iphone jailbrakers

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
best quote ive seen in a while

I'm convinced Steve Jobs is two people - one is a genius, the other is an idiot. If he had not locked the iPhone into AT&T, almost everyone would be using an iPhone today.
--JerseyBama, from Soundoff

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
best quote ive seen in a while

I'm convinced Steve Jobs is two people - one is a genius, the other is an idiot. If he had not locked the iPhone into AT&T, almost everyone would be using an iPhone today.
--JerseyBama, from Soundoff

Well it is true that he did lock it into AT&T, but they also approached verizon, and verizon turned them down. For whatever reason, only they know. Or anyone else that works for them ;). From what i've gathered by many posting was something to do with how much AT&T wanted to charge for certain things, but that's neither here nor there.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I just love how defiant the "hackers" are.......

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just love how defiant the "hackers" are.......

I didn't think it was this vicious of a battle, but shows how little i knew about it. The article was DEFF a good read though. It's just amazing that no matter what apple does, they still have no control over it. Maybe they should just take the money fighting it and allow for more open content, seems a more logical course of action.

dtboos

Reaction score
Apple will never make it more open. Just like everything they make they want dictatorship like control over how you use their products. And thats one of the many reasons they don't get my money ;)

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol my 30gb zune works just fine ;) and got it for like 50 bucks when compusa went out of business.

HEMDROID

Reaction score
Lol my 30gb zune works just fine ;) and got it for like 50 bucks when compusa went out of business.

I like my Zune way better than the FREE Ipod I got from work, I changed the settings in regedit so I can drag/drop anything i want into Zune as an external hard drive same with my baby Zune that I use for music only in my truck, I like the thumb pad waaaaaay better with seperate back and pause buttons..

1. Make sure your Zune is not plugged in and your Zune software isn't running 2. open up regedit by going to the start menu and selecting "run". Type regedt32 and hit "OK" 3. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Enum\USB\ 4. Search for "PortableDeviceNameSpace". This should be contained in the Vid_####&Pid_####\########_-_########_-_########_-_########\Device Parameters within the above ...\USB\ The ##'s listed here will be numbers and letters specific to your Zune 5. Change the following values: * EnableLegacySupport to 1 * PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell to 0 * ShowInShell to 1 6. Plug in your Zune, and make sure the Zune Software starts up. 7. Hopefully at this point you can open up "My Computer" and browse your device, though it does NOT show up as a drive letter. Right now I can access it both as a harddrive and sync through the Zune Software.

I prefer Jalapenos over Apples!!!

DROID!:greendroid:

Last edited:

dtboos

Reaction score
Yah Zune's are underrated devices. My old Zune killed my iPod, and the Zune HD is simply amazing.