Apple And Google Will Win The Smartphone Wars, Says Altucher -- BlackBerry Is Toast

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, that was a very interesting interview. I like the fact that he didn't make it into a Google vs Apple interview, (although he did mention that Android would come out on top) but he really demonstrated how poorly RIM is doing in the Market, even with it's latest phones. We all know what a disaster the Storm was (I still have one) and it doesn't look like the Torch will do that well since it's on AT&T. If I had my choice between a Torch and the iPhone, I'd take the iPhone in a heartbeat.

Thanks for bringing that to us.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
BlackBerry isn't going anywhere. It's still the preferred corporate manufacturer due to security.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
BlackBerry's aren't bad phones, they're just not what the average user wants anymore. I mean, almost every BlackBerry app costs money and the majority of users aren't willing to pay for an app that is offered on Android free.

However, corporate users that need an app are willing to pay for it.

And back to my last point, you can't go wrong with BlackBerry security.

mrselle916

Reaction score
I recently converted to droidism and somedays I have a feeling of guilt and shame when I stumble across my blackberry. Guilt and shame of cheating on my bb. It was a great phone. Its sort of like losing your first love. It will hold a place in my heart.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
LOL exact feeling! too funny

I recently converted to droidism and somedays I have a feeling of guilt and shame when I stumble across my blackberry. Guilt and shame of cheating on my bb. It was a great phone. Its sort of like losing your first love. It will hold a place in my heart.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I am Sorry But The Blackberry Storm is crap!!! It has to be the worst phone ever... Got rid of mine to get a Droid X Loved the phone so much!! My wife wanted a Droid X . So I gave her mine and took her Storm!!!! If I did not want her upgrade for Dual Core I would be happy with my Droid X excuse me now her Droid X!!!!