AppBrain

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
appbrain-screenshot.jpg

AppBrain.com has undergone a bit of surgery lately and today the enhancements are live. Aside from a cleaner interface, there is a new way to search for Android Apps. Talkandroid.com received an Email earlier today from AppBrian with some more details:
Apart from a much cleaner UI, we have completely redone the way users can browse for Android apps. The updated site offers innovative sorting options to discover interesting Android apps. Our traditional daily hot, weekly hot, and popular listings will be more visible, but there will also be completely new sorting options such as sorting by use in a number of specific countries, and popularity among men or women and age groups. In addition to these new sorting orders you can fully subdivide each major sorting order into Android categories and filter on free, paid, updated, price reduced and new apps only.

Source: AppBrain gets a face lift

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I have found several issues with it today too. I haen't used it recently, but did today because I had to do a factory reset to fix my no-ability to send MMS. I can't get the Fast Web Installer to work. I am on 2.2 on my DroidX. It may be that, I dunno. AppBrain app does work, but it can't find a few of them. I'll live i guess.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Ok, my phone was stolen last week. Got the replacement yesterday. Installed AppBrain. When I go to sync from the phone app, there's no apps in the list. When I go to the site, it shows all my previously installed apps.

Why can't I get them to sync to the new phone?

harrellj

Reaction score
It would have created a new list, annoyingly enough (had it do that when I first rooted). The account settings on appbrain let you choose which list to use for installs with phone. Switch it back to your old list and resynch.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk