AppBrain Update - Some Handy Sync Features

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
45b09_AppBrain-logo_300.png

If you have never used it, AppBrain is a handy little (free) app for keeping your apps in order. It does not backup data, but it does act similar to an online version of Itunes, allowing you to, basically, install Android apps from a web interface (even more seamlessly [for free apps] if you also use their "Fast Web Installer"). It's also a handy way of keeping an app list if you have to reset your phone, allowing you to go in and quickly install whatever apps don't automatically restore upon reset. Well, now it can do a little bit more, and becomes, in my opinion, a little bit more useful. The email I received just a bit ago:

Dear AppBrain user,

Do you have an image on your computer you would like to use as a background wallpaper on your phone? With the latest AppBrain update you can easily do this directly from the web browser. Also it allows you to:

• Send links and text directly to your phone from Appbrain.com
  • Browse the wallpaper gallery and set it as background for your phone
  • Uninstall apps directly from the web
The new features are available in the "My apps" section on AppBrain.com.
We hope you enjoy the new update!

Thank you,
Uwe
The AppBrain team
--
http://www.appbrain.com

I was able to do everything that email said I could, quite easily. I recommend the Fast Web Installer for a more seamless install/uninstall experience. It only applies to free apps, but it's still nice.

Is it a perfect system? No. But between this, Chrome 2 Phone, and android2cloud, the already fuzzy line between our phones and the rest of our online world blurs just a little bit more!

RyanPm40

Reaction score
AppBrain won't allow me applying new wallpapers from their website. I get the message that I still need the update and then need to sync, which I already have done. (Droid Incredible)

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
AppBrain won't allow me applying new wallpapers from their website. I get the message that I still need the update and then need to sync, which I already have done. (Droid Incredible)

Weird - it did that to me once, but then I never had the issue again after the first time (and no issues this morning)... same story, though - I had already updated the app and refreshed the website as well.

RyanPm40

Reaction score

Weird - it did that to me once, but then I never had the issue again after the first time (and no issues this morning)... same story, though - I had already updated the app and refreshed the website as well.

Yeah, I've been trying this since last night. I even uninstalled and reinstalled appbrain, and made sure to sync my account, but I still keep getting the error. Very frustrating because there are some cool wallpapers in their gallery :\