Apparently I'm the only one

the5barrons

Reaction score
It's been so long since I saw a post that just remarked about the DX and what it does. Everything is about what it can't, or someone fussing about theirs being broken. Understand, it's a forum board = people looking for help. All good, but don't come here and ask a bunch of DX users questions than ask me if you should go get a Fascinate or back to your Storm or iPhone.

For the record, before or after I OTA'd 2.2, rooted, deodexed and themed, I really didn't have any of these claimed "bugs" that people are listing. If I did, it was MY fault. So I adjusted "it" correctly, set "it" right, or uninstalled the app that was causing "it" to happen.

I had a battery problem. I got the battery replaced and learned how to make the settings not overheat & kill the phone.

The stock music player is less than desirable. It locked up a couple times. I went to the market and got one (for free) that is desirable.

For some reason, my camera focuses and takes great pictures.

I just checked my battery manager. No force close? WTF?

My crappy 32 bit laptop doesn't like the drivers or the ADB way of rooting. So, I did the Terminal Emulator/Astro version. No problem.

928's BGX Theme (including deodex). One shot - one kill.

2.2 OTA? Other than a funky way of making it push. Again, one shot one kill.

I don't get it...

Stuck on the "M" during boot? What the hell did you put on your phone to make that happen?

"Random reboot" has happened exactly three times...since I owned the phone! It's called phone panic peeps...your computer does the same thing (win based) it's called bluescreen. Either you have something on it that it doesn't like, or something you've done to it doesn't agree. I'm sure Motorola did this knowingly to 2.2...just to ensure there was a reason to come out with another OS update.

Edit/Addition - WiFi. Not saying there hasn't been an issue...but again, for the record. Mine has been perfectly stable since I got the phone. 2.1...2.2...whatever.

Of course Motorola is going to take it on the chin and say these are bugs. They have to. Toyota had to suck it up and say there was something wrong to make the bad man go away after some idiot used the wrong floor mats in his vehicle and killed his family. His fault? Nope, Toyota's fault.

Sorry about the rant...but, Lord.

end.

Edit#2 - and BTW, I drive a 2007 Toyota Tundra.

Incredibilly

Reaction score
If something doesn't intuit what I want it to do out of the box, there is clearly a problem with it... why should I have to make adjustments to what I do or how I do it?

Troubleshooting is clearly a lost art.

sent from my Incredible Andriod phone using DroidForums App.

OP
the5barrons

the5barrons

Reaction score
If something doesn't intuit what I want it to do out of the box, there is clearly a problem with it... why should I have to make adjustments to what I do or how I do it?

Troubleshooting is clearly a lost art.

I guess that would really depend on what it's not doing.

Believe me, I think phones and their OS's come out w-a-y before they are truly ready to handle what the world expects of them. Everything is early and not completely thought of or through. Granted, if you expect your phone to be faultless, you're living on a different planet, especially in this day and age of smart and smarter phones. Given that even, the sheer amount of complaints that lead to someone wanting to go to another smart-phone is really just whining about which side of the fence has greener grass.

Still, I'm astounded how quite possibly I'm the luckiest guy in the VZW family that doesn't have a problem with his DX. Your Incredible (which I considered for a few seconds as a phone to do) I'm sure has it's listed "bugs". I'll guarantee you there is someone asking this very same question...wondering how in the hell so many phones could be screwed up but mine isn't (now watch, mine will crap out here...lol.)

-=Jeff=-

Reaction score
Great post!!

I have been reading more posts the last week since my wife wants a smart phone and I will give her my Original Droid and get myself the upgrade (yeah she is fine with it)

I have read many posts about complaints with each phone, but I have decided on the X. mainly because it has important features or qualities, some of the others don't

AMelis

Reaction score
Just like the news. Nobody wants to read that once again, nothing happened today. People seldom post that once again, their Droid X worked flawlessly today like it did the previous xxx days.

Reaction score
I agree with your post, but the WiFi is a problem with my phone.

It connects, disconnects and then reconnects in an endless loop.

My phone is not rooted now, has never been rooted before and will not be rooted in the future. I have 98% stock applications (email, browser, etc.) and the launcher I use is Launcher Pro. In fact.. when I did a factory reset to test the WiFi and rule out a problem with apps, the phone was 100% stock before I reinstalled everything. The test before I did my re-installations yielded the same results: WiFi (re)connect in an endless loop.

So it isn't anything I have done... the OTA update to 2.2 simply broke my WiFi.

OP
the5barrons

the5barrons

Reaction score
Just like the news. Nobody wants to read that once again, nothing happened today. People seldom post that once again, their Droid X worked flawlessly today like it did the previous xxx days.

I agree with you. More apt not to hear about it when everything is working right....

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

OP
the5barrons

the5barrons

Reaction score
I agree with your post, but the WiFi is a problem with my phone.

It connects, disconnects and then reconnects in an endless ...

So it isn't anything I have done... the OTA update to 2.2 simply broke my WiFi.

Again, not saying there isn't a wifi issue, but there was an issue before 2.2 went ota. At least that what I was reading on other boards. I have a bit of latitude regarding the wifi thing because there are umpteen different ways to set up a wifi network now, its no wonder that phones are having issues connecting. Again, I must be the lucky guy who happens to run wep-whatever encryption and have not one problem with wifi connectivity.

OP
the5barrons

the5barrons

Reaction score
This discounting those who have taken their dx to some limits. Even the mild such as you and me abe. Rooted deodexed and themed...i could understand a locked up bootloop or something. 2.2...no.

Reaction score
Again, not saying there isn't a wifi issue, but there was an issue before 2.2 went ota. At least that what I was reading on other boards. I have a bit of latitude regarding the wifi thing because there are umpteen different ways to set up a wifi network now, its no wonder that phones are having issues connecting. Again, I must be the lucky guy who happens to run wep-whatever encryption and have not one problem with wifi connectivity.

Oh, I know you aren't saying there are not legitimate issues with the phones. I understand you perfectly fine there. :)

My WiFi was flawless before the 2.2 update (on N speed, mind you) is all I am really getting at, just in my typically verbose way. Which is usually overly verbose.

But, yeah, I still agree with your post. Most of the people with the really bad problems are rooted people who either only skimmed articles/tutorials on the process, or just didn't care enough to try and be meticulous in the methods they were using. I especially love the people who make threads asking how to unroot their phones, when the information is REALLY already here. They just need to search for it.

Aside from the WiFi, I absolutely love this phone. I do not regret my purchase AT ALL.

DaddyRabbit

Reaction score
To start off with, I love my DX, took some getting used to coming from the BB Storm world but I adapted pretty quickly and have no desire to go back. That said,

Anyone who has spent time in forums realizes that they are primarily designed for people who have issues (warranted or not) to ask questions and, hopefully, get decent answers.

While you have not had any major issues with your phone that is just you in your situation. If you are tired of listening to those who DO have issues don't read the posts, pretty simple.

While I do love the phone there are some pretty stupid things about it that I hate (no Outlook sync, cmon, my BB loved Outlook... Phone locks almost instantly when in a call and the other end hangs up before I can unlock it to end the call, did I mention no Outlook Sync?) This is a great phone but far from perfect (as are all the rest).

I like a place to go to that if I have an issue someone will guide me to fix it and not repeatedly tell me what a moron I am and I should be using a Trac Phone. If I wanted a forum that only extolled the virtues of my phone I would have an iPhone 4 ;)

My two rusty pennies.

OP
the5barrons

the5barrons

Reaction score
Anyone who has spent time in forums realizes that they are primarily designed for people who have issues (warranted or not) to ask questions and, hopefully, get decent answers.

While you have not had any major issues with your phone that is just you in your situation. If you are tired of listening to those who DO have issues don't read the posts, pretty simple.

This is a great phone but far from perfect (as are all the rest).

I like a place to go to that if I have an issue someone will guide me to fix it and not repeatedly tell me what a moron I am and I should be using a Trac Phone. If I wanted a forum that only extolled the virtues of my phone I would have an iPhone 4 ;)

My two rusty pennies.

Ok. Never said that I didn't enjoy all the fruits of this board and others like it. I've used then many times as my own guide when I need it. I'm not tired if listening at all....i never said that.

I participate in giving back my knowledge and opinion as much as anyone else. Humbly, I like to hear what people have going on. I don't call anyone a moron not do I discount what is going on with your phone (s).

What I'm talking about is those problems that do exist being blamed on something that they aren't or being over included to ruin the great reputation of what the dx platform does do well. Mainly 2.2 and the other repeats regarding bugs that I don't believe exist more than they are a user problem first.

With that said, you're right in restating what I said already...the phone isn't perfect, none of them are. Hopefully what you do have is satisfactory for what you need it for...just sayin'.

Incredibilly

Reaction score
Meh, this thread was about those who complain about their new Android phone's limitations while extolling the virtues of their old phone...(no Outlook sync?). Bb, which has been around for a lot longer than Andriod pursued the business customer and specifically integrated Outlook sync-ing for that reason. Ok, so that's about all a bb is good for, Woot.

With a little more time to mature, Android will have more seamless capability for the business customer. Market forces will provide for it... simple as that.

Rush to market with new technology? They all do it... iPhone 4 antenna problem, any M$ release... etc. With the way things are evolving today, out-scooping the competition is survival. The beauty of Android is that any number of devs can release things to fill needs of users.