App

evo8chick

Reaction score
Is there a app that helps your phone cool down when its hot? How do you prevent your phone getting hot?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Is there a app that helps your phone cool down when its hot? How do you prevent your phone getting hot?

I don't know how to prevent my D2G from what seems like overheating. Once the temp was up to 114F but didn't seem to affect the phone, but still, I was running a very active live wallpaper and changed it to one a little more passive. And I guess sometimes ya just gotta set it aside and let it cool off.

Hateslinger

Reaction score
I'm out in the field drilling with the Army and my phone got to 112 degrees. I had to turn it off before it really destroyed my battery. I tried everything from killing applications from system application to Slowing my cpu speed to 650mhz. Nothing really seemed to help. Finally I realized it was searching for 4g the whole time which it couldn't find. I ran some code to disable it an my phone decreased by 5 degrees. I hope that helps.

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt, VirusROM AirborneTB

cutiedroid

Reaction score
I don't know how to drop my CPU speed. Do you do it via all that "rooted" stuff? I haven't dared those procedures yet. I didn't know that running hot affects the device's battery, just the workings of the phone itself.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Yes you would need root to underclock your phone. 114 and 112 isn't really that bad. I think unless you get over 120 you're ok. If it is starting to get hot check running services in settings and see if something running that shouldn't.

sent from somewhere...

Reaction score
Underclocking the processor definitely helps. Apps that are running in the background should be shut down. Keeping your phone in your pocket can also increase the temperature. The phone should be safe so long as it doesn't go past 120.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums