app update notifications

mfinn

Reaction score
There are 4-6 preinstalled apps on my phone that I will never use. Kindle, Mog music, moto, etc. How do I delete them, or atleast stop them from trying to update?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
mfinn said:
There are 4-6 preinstalled apps on my phone that I will never use. Kindle, Mog music, moto, etc. How do I delete them, or atleast stop them from trying to update?

To do this you would have to root and freeze them.

I'm not rooted, all I do is this, I have my apps all set to manually update, and I don't update what I don't use.

Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
M

mfinn

Reaction score

I'm not rooted, all I do is this, I have my apps all set to manually update, and I don't update what I don't use.

Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

I have the same settings. I was hoping to eliminate the update notifcations to the apps I don't use.

Thanks

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
mfinn said:
I have the same settings. I was hoping to eliminate the update notifcations to the apps I don't use.

Thanks

No problem. Wish I could do more.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Some pre-installed apps can be deleted, others will not. Those that can't be deleted can be "hidden" in the app tray.

As said, the only relatively safe way to prevent the others from starting and running is to root and freeze. unless they are frozen the update notifications will continue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
FoxKat said:
Some pre-installed apps can be deleted, others will not. Those that can't be deleted can be "hidden" in the app tray.

As said, the only relatively safe way to prevent the others from starting and running is to root and freeze. unless they are frozen the update notifications will continue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

I didn't think about the apps like madden, and lets golf lol :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

cbreze

Reaction score
I think the play store has the option to disable auto update notifications.(see settings)
Then you can visit said store to check for any updates at your leisure. No annoying notifications to your phone.

ChuckAnn

Reaction score

Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

That's what I do, too.