app uninstalled by itself?

JCGee

Reaction score
Ive had Wyse Pocketcloud Pro up and running without issue, and it has uninstalled itself a few times from my phone. The app icon remains on my screen, but when I go to run it, says 'applcation is not installed on your phone'. I go to all my apps, of course, cant find it anywhere. Usually I just go to market and redownload it, install and all my settings are saved. Today, when I do the search, the pro version is not showing in the market, only the free version [which doesnt work on my work's network].

Not sure why this is happening. Anyone have any ideas?

Natey2

Reaction score
Was it installed on your SD card? Try moving the app to your phone.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

OP
J

JCGee

Reaction score
I just tried this advice from another thread. In there was an option to 'move to phone', when selected, it stated that it didn't exist.
Still not able to find pocketcloud pro in the market, which is pretty strange, eh?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just tried this advice from another thread. In there was an option to 'move to phone', when selected, it stated that it didn't exist.
Still not able to find pocketcloud pro in the market, which is pretty strange, eh?

Does the app show in Manage Applications as installed? If so, remove your icon and then put the icon back on the screen.

samizdat

Reaction score
I had the same problem, the app was gone this morning and the pro version now shows incompatible with the Bionic, even though the free version is still listed as compatible. I sent in a support request to Wyse to find out what happened. Has anyone figured this out, or is there a way to get the apk of the pro version I purchased and re-install it myself? Especially frustrating since I was using it two days ago without any trouble.

samizdat

Reaction score
From Wyse support:

"Hi,
Sorry for the inconvenience. We had to remove support for the Bionic because of issues with Verizon's 4G network. This will be resolved in our next release which is due out in 1-2 weeks.Thanks,Chris"

Hope they meet their timeframe...

Bum

Reaction score
I just got my Droid Bionic 3 days ago. I've had nothing but problems with apps uninstalling themselves. I was using App2sd to save on phone space and move apps that could be moved to the sd card. Every time an app is moved to the sd card it eventually deletes all by itself. It's very frustrating. There has to be a way to work around this. The whole reason I got this phone with a bigger SD card was to be able to use more apps. If anyone knows how to fix this that would help a lot!! I'm very close to exchanging it for a Droid Razr or Iphone 4s.

samizdat

Reaction score
I just use the internal functionality to move the apps to the "media area" which is basically the internal sdcard. I have found that if I have data on the external sdcard (listed as sdcard-ext in the filesystem) the operating system will sometimes lose that stuff when rebooted. An example is ringtones. I have several stored on sdcard-ext and if I reboot the phone, it switches to a default ringtone for those pointed to files on sdcard-ext. For ringtones stored on sdcard, it doesn't lose them at all. Dunno if that'll help, but before the Wyse app, I have never had an app uninstall itself (and in this case, it appears that the Wyse app was actually pulled due to problems, and uninstalled as a result of being pulled from the market for Bionics).

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just got my Droid Bionic 3 days ago. I've had nothing but problems with apps uninstalling themselves. I was using App2sd to save on phone space and move apps that could be moved to the sd card. Every time an app is moved to the sd card it eventually deletes all by itself. It's very frustrating. There has to be a way to work around this. The whole reason I got this phone with a bigger SD card was to be able to use more apps. If anyone knows how to fix this that would help a lot!! I'm very close to exchanging it for a Droid Razr or Iphone 4s.

The Bionic has 4 Gigs of app storage space!!! You can not fill that up with apps. Do not move apps to the Sdcard-ext or to the media area. Doing either will cause problems. You phone will load apps slowly and you will find some apps missing after a reboot. The phone will frequently simply not find them in either area.