App Transfers.

Master_Arbiter

Reaction score
I had my DX stolen last week, so I decided to UG to the Droid Bionic (and may I just say I am loving it). At any rate, if I hadnt had my X stolen, I would have wanted to transfer apps phone to phone. Would that have been possible?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jayman350

Reaction score
your apps are available to re-download from the market, in order to transfer over data associated w/ the apps your DX would have to be rooted to backup the app/data, as well as rooting the Bionic to be able to restore the app/data.

I did this when transferring from the D1 to the Bionic and had no problems.

Batman8

Reaction score
I had my DX stolen last week, so I decided to UG to the Droid Bionic (and may I just say I am loving it). At any rate, if I hadnt had my X stolen, I would have wanted to transfer apps phone to phone. Would that have been possible?

In addition to what jayman350 said, you will also run into issues with certain apps/games that are not compatible from the DX. I had one when I upgraded to my Bionic and although most apps transfer with no problem there were still some issues.

There was also the problem of the partitions that the Bionic has to divide up it's memory. Unfortunately the Bionic has an internal memory area that it calls "SD Card" which causes major problems with games that store their data folders in that area because those games will be looking for their data to reside on the actual real/physical "SD Card" instead of the newer/internal space called "SD Card". So now the real SD Card will be named "SD Card-ext" on the Bionic and these two area that are now named with similar names are NOT nearly the same in size. The internal area is only 8GB is size when on my DX I had a 32GB card to hold such information, which drives me crazy trying to decide which of my many game folders to put in this small 8GB space considering some of them are OVER 1GB in size!!! But on the bright side, if you don't play a lot of games (especially Gameloft made games) then the 8GB of space will be fine.

Two more things, all apps/games from the DX will NOT run on the Bionic's TI OMAP chipset since it is new and the DX didn't use the same, also the resolution on the Bionic is higher than on the DX so some of your DX apps/games will not run at full screen on the Bionic which is annoying. These were the things that NONE of the Verizon nor Motorola folks would tell me regarding transferring titles from the DX to the Bionic when I asked back before the Bionic launched so just beware of them. Everyone just said that "there will be no problems at all." Otherwise the phone is great (minus a few bugs that should be worked out next month from what I'm told...or eventually). Thanks.

OP
Master_Arbiter

Master_Arbiter

Reaction score
Ok. Cool. Thnx both of you for that info.