App to update apps?

osyrus42

Reaction score
Ok, so this may be a good example of me being just plain lazy, but maybe some of you share my frustration with this. I'm trying to find an app that easily takes my app update notifications and just installs the updates. Sometimes when I've got 6-10 apps to update it can really take a while to sit there and click them all through. Plus, having more than 3 or 4 downloading and installing at a time can really lag down my Droid, to the point where I can barely use it till it finishes. Anybody have an idea about this? Or even a better way to update than to wait for the notification or go to the downloads section in the market?

M

Matth3w

Someone was discussing this yesterday I think...wanted an app to update all apps...but nothing is out there that anyone seemed to know of.

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
I dont think this is possible since you must agree to installing them because the license agreement changes. I think if this app was made it will make android like 50% more likely to get a virus because then apps would just update for good or bad.

OP
osyrus42

osyrus42

Reaction score
I dont think this is possible since you must agree to installing them because the license agreement changes. I think if this app was made it will make android like 50% more likely to get a virus because then apps would just update for good or bad.

This is a very good point. I hadn't thought of the TOS screen. Although, in all reality we have no idea what we're getting anyway, so it doesnt really make the user any safer. Just covers the dev's butts in case something slips through. Maybe something more like a one click updater app? Or a widget? The widget could show how many apps need updating, and clicking on it would update them? Maybe its time for me to crack open the android API docs: )

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
Thats what i think too. just update with a touch of an I agree button and it will install. It would help a lot instead of clicking something like 4 times for each update

Overclockd24

Reaction score
I'm all for this, I've accepted over probably 20,000 license agreements in my lifetime and maybe looked through about four or five of them, if that. But seriously, I have 14 updates on my phone right now, and I am NOT looking forward to sitting there and updating them all, infact thats why it built upto 14 updates.. tedious tedious

forkup

Reaction score
Tedious or plain out laziness? I'd hate to think I'm to lazy to update apps that may include features bug fixes or other wanted updates...my 2 cents. :)

Overclockd24

Reaction score
Tedious or plain out laziness? I'd hate to think I'm to lazy to update apps that may include features bug fixes or other wanted updates...my 2 cents. :)
Haha, the funny thing is I rewrote that final sentence, originally I had something about me being lazy but I deleted it because I mean come on this phone can do so many things and makes so many things easier, for all those.. lazy people out there.. like me :] and this would help so much.. Its just so annoying to do IMO and it seems like there is such a simple solution to save some of time..