App to turn off backlight but keep phone on and unlocked?

coyote20000

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Anyone know of an app that can:
Turn the screen back-light off but keep the phone unlocked and ready?
I have screebl, which is really nice for what it does, but I really need the screen to go black after a timeout, without locking. Also have it turn the back-light on when touching the screen (or soft key)

The blackberry I had would lock after 30 min timeout, but would dim to black after 15 sec timeout.

I want this for power saving while intermittent txt-ing. Even if it's an 'on-off widget'

Anyone have any ideas? I couldn't find anything useful in marketplace.

Thanks...
Dave

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I use No Lock - it allows you to disable the lock screen so that when your you screen goes black all you have to do is hit the power button, volume control button or camera button to get it back on.

Not sure if that's what your looking for, but I love it :laugh:

OP
C

coyote20000

Reaction score
Actually, thats better than nothing!

I'll try that right now.. Thanks.

I'd still like the touchscreen to turn on the light, but like I said, I think that'll work.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Actually, thats better than nothing!

I'll try that right now.. Thanks.

I'd still like the touchscreen to turn on the light, but like I said, I think that'll work.

Never heard of one that works with toughing the screen. In all my searching - No Lock is the best I could find.

2guys1droid

Reaction score
A really good app for having your screen stay active while the backlight turns off is Screen Mode Widget. It lets you change from normal behavior to the backlight turning off but everything staying accessible without having to unlock your phone to keeping the screen from going out, simply by tapping on the widget to switch modes.

mygsdsni

Reaction score
A really good app for having your screen stay active while the backlight turns off is Screen Mode Widget. It lets you change from normal behavior to the backlight turning off but everything staying accessible without having to unlock your phone to keeping the screen from going out, simply by tapping on the widget to switch modes.
Where do you find this widget? I don't see it listed in my widget list? DroidX

2guys1droid

Reaction score
The widget is actually downloaded through the market, not automatically available on the phone and it was created by Sam Chiu incase there are multiple results