App to silence media volume???

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Just as the title says. Is there an app that will just silence the media volume??? I know there a are a few that you can set profiles for but I am looking for one for just the media volume. I already use the widget that comes with Beautiful Widgets to silence the regular volume.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You might take a look at audio manager. It allows you to control the individual volume settings for a number of different functions. I realize that's not exactly what you're looking for and you may not have the screen real estate for the widget, but it does come in a large and small size.

Reaction score
i would like to know if there is something for this too, the other day i was in a meeting and of course i had my phone on vibrate and so being bored in the meeting i thought i would try watching the recap of a game from the previous night, and so to my shock when i played the clip so did the audio...ya you could have imagine the look on my face at the time. needless to say, i tried messing around with the phone when i got home to see if there is a feature to mute media volume with a single press of a button but there isn't unless you play something only to turn down the audio manually when the media plays.

rjax

Reaction score
Download Profiles/Quick Profiles from the Market. Create a Profile that sets the the media volume (or any other volume) to zero. Create a shortcut on the desktop for the zero volume profile. Now you have a one or two-touch mute... Hit home (if you're not already there), then hit the profile shortcut, and your media volume is muted.

I prefer Profiles over Quick Profiles for desktop shortcuts because Profiles doesn't flash the screen like Quick Profiles does and I like the look of the Profiles icon much better.

Alternatively, you should be able to hold the volume button down if the media has already started playing, and it should mute it fairly quickly.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know there a are a few that you can set profiles for but I am looking for one for just the media volume.
If you can't find a medai volume only app then use a profile app. Just set a profile with the media volume turned up and one with it silenced (the rest of the 2 profiles can be identical).

FerociousFro

Reaction score
Volumer++ is an app that allows you to change all of the different volumes in the phone including media, alarm, system, ringer, in call, and notification