App to Lock widgets in place?

ABSBrad

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I recently got an Evo and I'm having a problem where I accidentally delete my widgets and since I'm not that tech savvy, It's a pain for me to try and find the exact way I had them. All I want to know is this; is there an app out there that simply locks your screens to where you can't move or delete your apps and widgets. Basically, what I'd like to do is have this lock in place so I can't accidentally delete or move something and when I want to make changes, i can enter like a password or flip a "switch" and it will unlock the home screen for changes for a duration of time. Does something like this exist? Thanks.

Sniper_5

Reaction score
The home screen replacement app called adw ex has a lock feature built in just for this. Its very handy but its taking me a bit to get used to as I'm not used to having it. Once you install it you'll need to set up all your screens again as it replaces the factory overlay, but well worth it. You can customise alot of things like your dock at the bottom, how your screens slide, colors and looks with downloadable themes( free and paid available) plus much more.
Link: http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/12/24/adw-launcher-ex-finally-released-transitions-to-a-whole-new-dimension/

Sent from my DROID running UD2.5 @ 1Ghz

_33

Reaction score
The home screen replacement app called adw ex has a lock feature built in just for this. Its very handy but its taking me a bit to get used to as I'm not used to having it. Once you install it you'll need to set up all your screens again as it replaces the factory overlay, but well worth it. You can customise alot of things like your dock at the bottom, how your screens slide, colors and looks with downloadable themes( free and paid available) plus much more.
Link: ADW Launcher Ex Finally Released, Transitions To A Whole New Dimension | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Mods, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

Sent from my DROID running UD2.5 @ 1Ghz

I agree! There are some nice nice themes for ADW too. I like the "sticker album" one. The homescreen lock is a fantastic addition!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Adw ex is currently the only option for you to do this, and you will not be able to use the sense widgets (such as the clock or calender), so you will have to look for alternatives on the market.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

RPS

Reaction score
You should take a look at GO Launcher EX, I have the same problems with the disappearing widgets and so have ben surfing around looking for a solution and came across this, and I'm gonna give it a try. I let you know if it solves the problem.