App to lock while on a call?

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by viperboy, Dec 11, 2009.

1. viperboy

viperboy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, new to the forum and hoping for a little bit of help. I have not yet found a program that locks the call screen while on a call. I seem to move the phone a good bit while talking, causing the phone to unlock itself, and my cheek bumps the mute button, or hang up button, or other random numbers. I tried pressing the power button while on the call and that used to work on 2.0 for me I believe, but now with 2.0.1, it doesn't seem to work anymore (could be another app taking control over a call? not sure)

Anyone have any suggestions? The sooner the better. Thanks in advance!

2. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +46
    I know using a BT headpiece it still allows you to lock it while on call in 2.0.1. Just tested without it and you are right, it doesn't allow you to lock it.

3. viperboy

viperboy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which I don't quite understand. The proximity sensor is a great idea, but I end up hitting something with my cheek on almost every call and hanging up on people. I would MUCH rather have to unlock the phone to use the keypad than have the phone always unlocked on a call.

4. medicTHREE

medicTHREE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seems your phone is misbehaving. If the prox sensor is functioning correctly you shouldn't have any problem with touching it to your cheek. That being said, if you don't wish to return it and get a different device... you can always push the lock button on the top of the screen. I am not aware of any app that will do it automatically. As a matter of fact, many on here have the exact opposite problem where the screen becomes unresponsive during calls.

5. viperboy

viperboy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The lock button only turns off the screen while on a call, it doesn't bring up the lock screen. The problem is the screen turns off when I put it up to my face, but if I move it a little, the phone thinks it's away from my ear and turns the screen on and than buttons can get pressed.

6. medicTHREE

medicTHREE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you push the lock button it turns off the screen. If you do this after the call is connected, it won't turn back on until you push the button again. I just tested it three times.

7. viperboy

viperboy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just tested it on mine 3 times and if I place the call and press the power button, it turns off the screen. I hold it up to my ear and move it away and the screen lights back up to the current call screen.

What SW are you on? Are you rooted?

8. stacrey

stacrey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    aaaahhhhh the same thing is happening to me and it's driving me crazy. the only way i don't hang up on someone is if i'm on speaker. i don't want a bluetooth, i just want a phone that lets me make calls without sitting statue still. even if i hit the power button to lock, it unlocks when it thinks my face is away from the phone. i called verizon and they told me to get a headset.

9. stacrey

stacrey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i tried call caddy, and it just muted my call instead of hanging up on them. not sure which is better. . .

10. Pam

Pam New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having this same problem and it's driving me insane.

11. ice456789

ice456789 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I had the same problem and I found a solution. Once you're connected to the call, hit the home button to go to your homescreen. Hit the power button and it will be locked. To unlock you'll need to slide the lock screen. In other ways no possibility of pocket dialing.

12. frank6565

frank6565 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here. I'm not sure how many times we have hung up on people. It's frustrating. Is this a problem that can be fixed with an update?

Search tags for this page
android lock phone during call

android lock screen during call

android lock screen while on call
android screen lock while talking
can you lock the screen of a s4 so i dont call other people
lock screen during call android
lock screen when talking on android
lock screen while talking android
lock taking call app download
screen lock when talking on android