App to listen to music from computer on droid

c3p1

Reaction score
I can't get Gmote to work with my Windows 7 Pro (64bit) computer. :(
Was hoping for accessing through 3G but at the moment I can't even get it to work through my wifi network!

I have port 8889 open through my router, I have the correct local ip of my computer, but I just can not get it to work! Windows Firewall is set to allow gmote server, my PeerBlock is currently disabled; any ideas?

I believe you need the correct external IP address not local.

I agree, I am happy this works with music. Pretty cool! Be interesting to see if video ever works and if there would be lag on it.

kscdj

Reaction score
I can't get Gmote to work with my Windows 7 Pro (64bit) computer. :(
Was hoping for accessing through 3G but at the moment I can't even get it to work through my wifi network!

I have port 8889 open through my router, I have the correct local ip of my computer, but I just can not get it to work! Windows Firewall is set to allow gmote server, my PeerBlock is currently disabled; any ideas?

I believe you need the correct external IP address not local.

I agree, I am happy this works with music. Pretty cool! Be interesting to see if video ever works and if there would be lag on it.

I tried that also. Reading the FAQ on gmote's website, I can't figure out what else to try. Thought it may have something to do with Win7. I had it working with my old XP computer...that was at least a few months ago with an older version of gmote also.

jawa6969

Reaction score
My issue with Gmote and playing music is that it has to buffer each song about 25% before playing. If you want to hear one song, no problem. But otherwise you are waiting between songs for it to buffer.

Any better options out there?

trevorparsons

Reaction score
Buffering issue with Gmote over 3G

My issue with Gmote and playing music is that it has to buffer each song about 25% before playing. If you want to hear one song, no problem. But otherwise you are waiting between songs for it to buffer.

Any better options out there?

I'm having a similar issue. It's weird, it shows all my albums (folders) just fine, including the very first one which I have named "! - Singles". When I go to play any song in the "! - Singles" folder it loads and starts playing right away. Though, when I attempt to play a song from any other folder, it does not start, begins to buffer, and then hangs anywhere from 25-40% buffering depending on the random file selected.

Any thoughts/pointers/help???

Riley

Reaction score
I just setup and tried GMote with my itunes folder and it works through 3G if you go through the router port steps and IP address steps from GMotes FAQ. Really cool! I've been looking for something like this!

hyatari

Reaction score
Go with subsonic. 30 day trial then have to donate. For the server (however much u choose I think) but its well worth it for me. Especially since you can transcode about any format on the fly into whatever format you want at any bitrate. Devs recently updating the android app making it even better. There are many options on the server side and not maybe the easiest to set up for some tho.