App to keep phone awake while on charger?

sziehr

Reaction score
Back when I was using an IPaq, you could choose different time settings for the screen based on whether you were on battery or AC adapter. I use my Droid 2 at work for music and would like it to always be on while I have it plugged in, without having to go into settings each time I plug or unplug it. I get tireed of unlocking it every time I want to choose a new song or check the news. I haven't been able to find an app that does this. Does anyone know of one?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tasker has a lot of different profile settings, this might be one of them, I don't use it but have heard lot's of good things about it...there is even a thread about it here on the Forum somewhere

br91655

Reaction score
Screebl - free and paid version is the first app I install

ahendric

Reaction score
No app needed: Okay this is for the Droid 1, but there should be something similar for the Droid 2.

Settings -> Applications -> Development -> Stay Awake

Toggle this on and as long as it is plugged in, the screen won't sleep.

Later
A

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
No app needed: Okay this is for the Droid 1, but there should be something similar for the Droid 2.

Settings -> Applications -> Development -> Stay Awake

Toggle this on and as long as it is plugged in, the screen won't sleep.

Later
A

Agree, should be able to set thru the settings of the phone...but Screebl is a good suggestion as well as you don't have to go back and forth thru settings to change...you set your screebl and that's that...

OP
S

sziehr

Reaction score
Well, I didn't see the last 2 posts until after buying Tasker. that's ok though, it looks like a pretty awesome program.

MightyT01

Reaction score
Screenstay is also very nice.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

techguru

Reaction score
Locale is also an option, but the more I look at Tasker, the more I think about switching to it.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tasker has a lot of different profile settings, this might be one of them, I don't use it but have heard lot's of good things about it...there is even a thread about it here on the Forum somewhere

got my vote for tasker..