App to disable sound for low battery alert

biggles

Reaction score
I am looking for an app that allows me to disable the sound alert associated with low battery alerts. I do not like how loud it is through headphones while I am listening to music or playing games. What application do people here recommend?

rcglider

Reaction score
I've been looking for ways to completely eliminate the low battery notification to no avail.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some roms, like CM, have this feature
*edit I read it wrong. It's a power promt for shutting down.

rcglider

Reaction score
Well I was also looking for such apps but used Battery Notifier for while, looks good one for me but not accurate which I want! But something is better then nothing.

I was using Battery Left which when set up properly for a DX did report much more accurately using a large battery (3500 mah), but that annoying 'low battery' notification still existed. Maybe both apps could run together, hopefully without using excessive power, but I haven't tried. Either way the factory meter is still way off.

It would seem there should be a way to append a file to eliminate the popop and sound notification and is surprising nobody has offered such a fix or at least say if it can or can't be done.

I would gladly pay for one app that both corrects the battery level and stops the factory low battery notification.

rcglider

Reaction score
I tried Battery Notification app. It did not stop the popup or the sound. The search continues.

scarlett106

Reaction score
Any updates on this? I haven't found an app, but I have heard that you can disable it by renaming the file? I have no idea how to access the file, though. Something about rooting?

:huh:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
On the Droid 1 if you are rooted, open root explorer and navigate to system/media/audio/ui and rename the LowBattery.ogg file to LowBattery.ogg.bak -

scarlett106

Reaction score
On the Droid 1 if you are rooted, open root explorer and navigate to system/media/audio/ui and rename the LowBattery.ogg file to LowBattery.ogg.bak -
Pardon my ignorance, but I don't evne know what "rooted" is. I downloaded a root explorer app (not Root Explorer but a similar free one) but I couldn't find system. Any ideas? Thanks!

I'll gladly buy Root Explorer if that's what I need to fix it, but can I do it with any similar app?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I dont even need root

In sound, all the way down I have the option to disable battery full notification. This does it for me

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rooting your phone is hacking it to gain full system access, without root - root explorer will not work