1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

App to control an google music player through ipod USB Port?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by texanmike, Dec 16, 2011.

1. texanmike

texanmike New Member

I was wondering if there is an app (or if it is even possible to develop an app) that would emulate an ipod/iphone. I have a nissan (Murano SV if that matters) that has one of those ipod usb ports and it will charge my phone but it won't do anything else. One of the advantage is that you can control an ipod with the steering wheel controls. In order to get bt streaming audio I would have to buy the nav system ($1900 and I already have google maps) so that's not really how I want to solve this problem but I got to thinking. Is there a way to fool the car into thinking it is interfacing with an Ipod and then use the controls from the car (which I would imagine it doesn't matter what make/model since they are trying to control an Ipod, they must be using standard signals) to control my music player on android.

I've got a Nexus (if that matters, again I would think it would be relatively generic). Any ideas?

Mike
  2. vatothe0

vatothe0 New Member

Have you tried enabling mass storage mode?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page
android app that emulates ipod for my car stereo

android audio out through usb ipod

android emulate ipod usb

android ipod music usb
android play as ipod usb
android program to play audio via usb
android usb audio player
apps for playingmusic through car usb
droid usb through ipod connection
emulate ipod on android