App to adjust screen brightness?

Reaction score
Has anyone found a app that will actually work on adjusting the screen brightness since the MAXX has been updated to ICS? I have tried all the ones that I can find in the market and none work except for setting the screen to automatic, I try and try to adjust the slider in every app to set the screen brightness and nothing ever happens. This was not a problem with gingerbread.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
chrisyouwanttknow said:
Has anyone found a app that will actually work on adjusting the screen brightness since the MAXX has been updated to ICS? I have tried all the ones that I can find in the market and none work except for setting the screen to automatic, I try and try to adjust the slider in every app to set the screen brightness and nothing ever happens. This was not a problem with gingerbread.

I use Beautiful Widgets screen brightness toggle widget. Now you should know all it does is take the screen from whatever you have it set to currently up to full 100% brightness.

From there you can press it again and it will go back to whatever you had it at before. I like this for when I go outside and if I am going to jump on Skype or play a game.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Try LUX. It gives you pretty good control and works directly off of the light sensor on the face of the phone. You can specify certain brightness to correspond to certain room light levels.

The demo is limited, but the pay version gives total control.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
If your wanting it to go darker, or even just to kill the bright soft keys during night viewing, try "SCREEN FILTER"!

Lol, not sure if it works on ICS, still waiting for mine ;-P

"BRIGHTNESS LEVEL" by Curvefish is the regular one I use though!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Last edited:
OP
chrisyouwanttknow
Reaction score
Thank you everybody for the help. Beautiful widget toggle I just tried and it works. I will definitely be trying lux and screen filter as well. Thanks again.

OP
chrisyouwanttknow
Reaction score
Sydman said:
I use Beautiful Widgets screen brightness toggle widget. Now you should know all it does is take the screen from whatever you have it set to currently up to full 100% brightness.

From there you can press it again and it will go back to whatever you had it at before. I like this for when I go outside and if I am going to jump on Skype or play a game.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Ok, s for what ever reason the Beautiful Widget Toggle worked for about 5 times and then stopped. I press and press but it does not work anymore. Do you have ICS on your phone? I also tried lux but it has to constantly stay in memory. Refunded it. :(
Gingerbread did not have this problem, they definitely have changed something in ICS to make all these apps incompatible with adjusting the screen brightness. I hope some of these app developers upgrade their apps soon. Guess I'll have to wait.