[App] The YouTube Kids App

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
hjNb7y2xwTdGGXliPf7jlPO-rLXLNrPYNrCTc42qdoDWDTWgUvEzhF_Utk7RvjvMq97_sqAsbMOLuQKe8cmrbFJKPjM4MFquy2f1l3AeXFHeV8XXBkUUWXqIg67azjzUEe3dbU4

Google has introduced the YouTube Kids app, the first Google product built from the ground up with little ones in mind. The app makes it safer and easier for children to find videos on topics they want to explore, and is available for free on Google Play and the App Store in the U.S.

Checkout the video below.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Would have loved this for my kids when my daughter was younger. Shes 8 now but we allow her to only watch certain channels and monitor her youtube watch history. My son however is 4 and uses Netflix when we let him. He has his super hero cartoons hes fond of and youtube has never really caught his attention except for rally sport racing videos. He LOVES those as do I so we usually watch them together.

Gremlin

Reaction score
My youngest is 20 months and my oldest is 3 years next month. Showed the oldest youtube videos (kid songs) on a kids tablet. Within one try she figured out how to get youtube. She can do it on someone else phone and knows what to look for .. Switched (hid the youtube icon) to youtube kids one and she found it and is trying to get used to it now. So far so good :)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Mines 8....she isn't on YouTube much but navigates Netflix without issue. She knows what not to watch but for YouTube this might be good for her since YouTube shows more than what you want to see sometimes.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
My daughter loves watching Minecraft videos on YouTube so if I can get those videos on the kids app, I may use it with her. I dont' know how Google categorizes videos so you never know.