1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

App that will catch a reboot culprit?

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by DarrBeck, Dec 27, 2010.

1. DarrBeck

DarrBeck New Member

I am rooted but stock and have a really clean setup. I get a reboot a couple times a day when really working the phone. It seems to be triggered when a screen rotation happens along with multiple other apps running at the the same time. I have not narrowed it to a specific app though.

Any one find anything that would be helpful?
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I've never used one, but wouldn't one of the logcat apks do that? Search the market for logcat.

Good luck.
  3. 1linuxfreak

1linuxfreak New Member

If you have "terminal emulator" you can run "top" and it will show processes , you might be able to catch it in there .
    /var/log usually holds any crash logs .
    Never mind , "logcat" does that for you .
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  4. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

There's an app called WatchDog that monitors for 'runaway' apps that might be able to catch the culprit prior to the reboot.

I know you said you were 'stock' but which kernel and radio are you running? Generally reboots are a kernel issue.
Search tags for this page
android app to monitor reboots

android log reboot

android reboot monitor app

monitor android crash reboot