App that txts people from another number

ugafan2081

Reaction score
Is there an app that allows you to send text messages from your phone to another number? I use it to prank my friends. On ipod / iPhone I use one called text free.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

kraxyk

Reaction score
Is there an app that allows you to send text messages from your phone to another number? I use it to prank my friends. On ipod / iPhone I use one called text free.

I'm not sure this is legal lol. But you are searching for is a text spoofer

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
U

ugafan2081

Reaction score
What is the app called ?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's not illegal. I saw a news story on this just the other day and you can put a false caller ID on somebody's phone. Absolutely nothing wrong with it UNLESS you commit Fraud by doing it. Like saying your calling for donations for The Red Cross, or trying to obtain information for identity theft.

I think it should be illegal and it probably will be. It's in the House and Senate right now, and I don't want to get political but let's just say they are having trouble seeing eye to eye on the wording.

OP
U

ugafan2081

Reaction score
There is one called text free from ipod

HikenGruven

Reaction score
I am to busy than to be taking the time to prank people. However, I love the Google Voice app which I use to text people for free.

kraxyk

Reaction score
I am to busy than to be taking the time to prank people. However, I love the Google Voice app which I use to text people for free.

See the thing that scares me with all the Google stuff is them selling our information.