Status
Not open for further replies.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah ima call it...

cisco0910

Reaction score
wtf!!! This new update is so sweet!! The gallery i had trouble updating manually to pinch to zoom is pinch to zoom now with the update! Google maps is pinch to zoom too!! I tested out the wife tethering too! Wow!!

spazma7ik

Reaction score
For anyone who updated to 2.0.0 Sholes, how steady is it running? Any noticeable problems or quirks other than the noted known issues? How's the OC at 800? I'm really debating purchasing the $5 app and donating to the team if it's really stable.

And a quick question, if I decide to unroot, will it reset my phone completely, as in everything back to stock and then I have to download everything and sync everything again?

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Downloaded the bagel.. it looks pretty sweet! Took about 45 minutes and was easy peazy, gearge and weezy. Also downloaded Setcpu... Set to 800Mhz.. do you leave the min at 125? Also, there is a lot of stuff unchecked in profiles.. how is everyone setting this up?

kaboyd

Reaction score
Anybody else having video recorded problems after the update? My camera works fine but as soon as I select the recorded it immediately gives me a FC. Any suggestions?
On top of that the 800 Mhz doesn't seem any faster than the 600. I haven't tried the 1Ghz yet, I'm kind scared of that one.

otis

Reaction score
Anybody else having video recorded problems after the update? My camera works fine but as soon as I select the recorded i immediately gives me a FC. Any suggestions?

Confirmed, after 2.0 update the video camera force closes, although not to the point of rebooting the phone. :mad:
On a positive note, Youtube seems to be functioning with a much higher level of stability. :icon_ banana:

hacku

Reaction score
Well I installed this app approximately 12 hours ago, and here is my review.

The Good:

* It's definitely great to have the processor overclocked to the full 600Mhz. Everything does indeed run faster and the entire phone is just snappier.
*Having 5 home screens is awesome along with the 3D "app drawer" and the 3D picture gallery. * Having the multitouch on the browser is also a nice change.
* Tethering also will be great (although I haven't tried it myself yet)

The Bad:

* In the last 12 hours the phone has randomly crashed and rebooted 10-15 times either when launching an app, while running an app, or just when I'm "looking" around looking for some other subtle changes.
* 3G has been there for the most part, but did disappear a few times and the only way I managed to get it back was by rebooting the phone or performing a battery pull.
* Once when trying to try place a phone call, none of my contacts or favorites appeared (just a black screen where the contacts should be) and couldn't dial out manually either. I rebooted the phone and got my contacts back, but when I tried to call someone it never dialed the number out until about 2 minutes later. I was back on the home screen trying to figure out what was wrong and I heard a noise from my ear piece and it was my friend laughing because he could hear me telling my brother that my phone was acting up.
* Another problem I've only experienced once after one of the random crashes was that as I was trying to send a text message the on-screen keyboard was responding extremely slow. I actually checked to see if my CPU speed had somehow dropped to 250Mhz but it hadn't. This problem eventually went away after a couple of minutes on it's own.
* One other bug I've found is that a couple of times when accessing the 3D "app drawer", it would just freeze for about 30 seconds and not scroll or let me go back to the home screen.
* I've also experienced the bug of the home buttons not lighting up as well as the physical keyboard buttons, but it seemed to also fixed itself after rebooting.
* Last but not least when I place the phone on the desk dock (charging station) it no longer launches the home dock screen and it has crashed on me twice when setting it in the dock. The screen just changes to landscape mode but never launches the appropriate screen. (haven't tried my car dock yet as my car is currently in the shop until maybe tomorrow or Friday)

I fully understood when I "donated" the $5 that this is not an official app and bugs are bound to be there. I am very appreciative of all the time and effort the developers put into these kind of apps to be able to give people something different to do with their phone.

This post is not to complain about the problems. I'm posting this in hope that the bugs can be tracked and documented so they can hopefully be fixed in future releases/updates.

Since I am not aware as to how soon the next Sholes update will be released, I may just go back to running stock for the time being but I may also keep it like it is for now. I would love to be able to eventually have my phone running at 800Mhz with few or no side effects.

Camel, if you have any questions that I might help answer please PM me and I will gladly help out in any way possible.

Once again, thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

- Robert

EDIT 1:

After typing the long review I noticed that there's an update available. I'm downloading it and installing it now. If I have any new information to report I will post again.

EDIT 2:

Downloaded and installed the update. Once thing to pay close attention to when flashing is the apps you want to install, and the ones you want to remove. The first two screens are apps to install and the 3rd screen is which apps you want to remove (yes, I made a mistake the first time around and had to reflash again to add some of the apps I removed on accident).

Overall this update seems to be running A LOT smoother. Overclocked it to 800Mhz and its very snappy. Haven't experience ANY crashes as of yet and I've tried many of the applications. The home dock application is still not working. Only sets the home screen to landscape mode. Still getting the random bug where the home buttons won't light or or the physical keyboard.

It's a little past 3am now so I'm going to go to bed and report back tomorrow if I find any other bugs.

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
Just got this and put on *****in bagels and I gotta say I'm really loving it. OC at 800 and everything is running smooooth and faaaaast. Noticed the keyboard/button backlight issue, but this was happening before I installed this.

otis

Reaction score
Anybody else having video recorded problems after the update? My camera works fine but as soon as I select the recorded i immediately gives me a FC. Any suggestions?

Confirmed, after 2.0 update the video camera force closes, although not to the point of rebooting the phone. :mad:
On a positive note, Youtube seems to be functioning with a much higher level of stability. :icon_ banana:

After the update from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 (nice quick job there developers) the video camera seems perfectly fine again.
Sweet updates.

hughesjr

Reaction score
Downloaded the bagel.. it looks pretty sweet! Took about 45 minutes and was easy peazy, gearge and weezy. Also downloaded Setcpu... Set to 800Mhz.. do you leave the min at 125? Also, there is a lot of stuff unchecked in profiles.. how is everyone setting this up?

Set your main max speed to whatever you want (I use 1000 or 800 ... 550 is no overclock if you choose) ... I have been using 1000 for several days, so that is what I use now. I set 125 for min (some people like 250 instead)

Inside profiles, I have 550/125 for charging, 250/125 for sleeping, 550/125 for < 30% battery, and 550/125 for Temp > 40C.

Some people say they have issues if they let the phone go down to 125 ... they therefore set their minimum to 250 instead. Trial and error is the only real guide, but I seem to be OK with 125 as the minimum.

Obviously, those are just a reference and not a recommendation :)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok first congrats to the develpors again 2.0.1 seems to be very stable right now. You tube is working also.

Second,,,who wants to volunteer to restart a thread for the 2.0.1 update. this thread is long and I appreciate all the effort. Let's start clean though. PM me please and i'll close this one up

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-2-4-10-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.