App that roots/OCs/multi-touches and tethers for $5

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
for any one tomo who reads this i am going to go step by step what i did its simple since the program does it all. after installing the program it will give you a dialogue box yes to continue. it will download info, then will prompt u to reboot, (power off then back on hold the x button, triangle box, then hold vol up and camera button) click on install update.zip. then click on rebbot option. after it reboots go into the app again and just follow instruction and be prepared to wait. Do fret about the blank screen, its working trust me. Patience is important. I would recommend doing this while playing xbox or something to keep u from spazzing out, because its going to take a while, but IT WORKS.

SHOLES did a good job,

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
I did that, but uninstalling the app doesnt erase the update.zip or whatever the app installed to my sd card so erasing the app isnt changing files its already written. So reinstalling it keeps all of my forward progress I've made already thus leaving me back at square one of the app freezing when I try to open it and allow it to continue it's root:root do-ma-hicky

when you enter reboot recovery (holding x thingy) does it say "SPRecovery version .99.3b' in orange letters at the top? if not, what does it say.

to verify you are rooted, dl drocap2 from the market and see if it works.

Arsenalc08

Reaction score
Okay that's what it must be then patients. I guess I'm not waiting, it'd be nice if there was a warning saying it was doing something because once I leave sleep mode on my phone it pops up asking me to force close or wait.

R1Lover

Reaction score
The only thing I'm missing is my corp calendar... I also remember making sure it was selected to be installed as well, but it's not there.

hmmmmmmm now how do I get it?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i need to hit the sack but im loving this phone right now......what that 2.1...whhhhhhhhatttt, ok i see what the rooted folks have now. Yeah i didnt do it from scratch like everyone else and i am benefitting off someone elses hardwork, but for those who want to take the plunge to root and just are not hack savy, have the time to do it, or are on the fence because of fear. So far this is the way to go.

Again Thanks op for the post

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
Okay that's what it must be then patients. I guess I'm not waiting, it'd be nice if there was a warning saying it was doing something because once I leave sleep mode on my phone it pops up asking me to force close or wait.

I don't think you should be getting FCs, next time before you try again check to see if drocap2 works.

uscjoel

Reaction score
I have a quick question...I have rooted my phone (not using the app), and I have setCpu installed. If I download this app all I will have to do is open it and select the rom I want?

Arsenalc08

Reaction score
Okay you say "Go into the app again and follow instructions" I receive no instruction when I reenter the app, it asks me a yes or no to something I should've probably typed up for you guys, I go to continue, then I get a black screen and am asked every once in a while to quit or not

Arsenalc08

Reaction score
Nah I have work in 3 hours and I havent slept so I'm not going to do any more of this ****. Sorry your guys app doesn't work. I've been waiting for this so I wouldnt have to do it the hard way because I'm pretty lazy but it looks like I'll have to.

Don't start assuming or saying things like "if you cant even do it this way then...etc..." because I followed what I was told to do and the app malfunctioned not me. So I will do it the hard way..

Arsenalc08

Reaction score
Now the download has completed it says but nothing is changing its leaving me here with a cancel button

Status
Not open for further replies.