App that roots/OCs/multi-touches and tethers for $5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenalc08

Reaction score
There is no select rom option for me, where do I see select rom? It keeps telling me pretty much I'm not rooted and trying to get me to go through the whole process again..

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
I LIKE I LIKE .......ok how do i oc again

it's oced by default, if you want to control you have to get the setCPU app... actually I'm not sure if that works with the sholes ROM I seem to recall it doesn't, but whatever, it's oced by default, oh and I keep thinking this is 2.0 but that's not out yet, will be in a couple days or less, 1.2 is at 600mhz only I believe, 2.0 will be your choice of 800 or 1000 I believe.

Arsenalc08

Reaction score
This app does nothing at all for me. Sweet. I like how it does this whole process of getting me to go into recovery mode and then when you all tell me its not freezing it pops up saying application halted and force close or wait.. Hmm yeah its totally doing its thing

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
There is no select rom option for me, where do I see select rom? It keeps telling me pretty much I'm not rooted and trying to get me to go through the whole process again..

did you put update.zip on your sdcard reboot holding the x, then hit volume up and camera and select apply update?

if it tells you your not rooted then do it again.

Arsenalc08

Reaction score
Ive done that quite a few times. Did I MANUALLY put update on my sd card? No I thought running the app did that?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
slow down arsenal, it ttok me awhile for it to finish updating to get to the roms. are u still getting dialogue from the box asking you to continue or not, it flashes like every 3 to 5 mins

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
it probably does, I did all this stuff manually before the app came out so I'm having to guess what it's telling you.

what is making you think it's not rooted, tell me *exactly*

Arsenalc08

Reaction score
Okay I get all the way to install from sdcard complete It verifys the package installs update roots my phone then install complete.

Ive told you guys I've done these steps like fifteen times, why do you keep asking me this how is that helping you understand? I've COMPLETED THESE STEPS. I can't generalize the fact that I've done that any more than I've done it.

Then I reboot system.

Then I go to run the sholesupdate app, and it halts.

That's as far as I get.

Arsenalc08

Reaction score
I dont know that its not rooted, I just know that i'm not getting to a step to select rom

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
Okay I get all the way to install from sdcard complete It verifys the package installs update roots my phone then install complete.

Ive told you guys I've done these steps like fifteen times, why do you keep asking me this how is that helping you understand? I've COMPLETED THESE STEPS. I can't generalize the fact that I've done that any more than I've done it.

Then I reboot system.

Then I go to run the sholesupdate app, and it halts.

That's as far as I get.

OK, Uninstall it, then reinstall, then try it again, do that and then report back.

Arsenalc08

Reaction score
Sorry I'm a little pissed ha... I've been up since four for work and flunked a psych test today so I'm a bad mood not trying to be rude with you all..

No, for me it asks me to force close or wait with the updater not saying anything. The screen is black with the notification dock thing still at the top of the screen, the name of the app or whatever and then the box which had dialogue originally is just empty and black

R1Lover

Reaction score
Deput, if this is only 600MHZ i'm very very impressed, I don't see a reason for more really, this thing flies now.

Arsenalc08

Reaction score
I did that, but uninstalling the app doesnt erase the update.zip or whatever the app installed to my sd card so erasing the app isnt changing files its already written. So reinstalling it keeps all of my forward progress I've made already thus leaving me back at square one of the app freezing when I try to open it and allow it to continue it's root:root do-ma-hicky

Status
Not open for further replies.