App that roots droid Questions..

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Droidster163, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Droidster163

Droidster163 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so I read about the $5 app that roots the droid for you and i have a couple questions about it.. The other thread was like 14 pages long and was mostly installing problems, so i figured i make a new thread with questions. Her we go.

1. Once rooted, does the app allow you to go back to stock mode? Even withou it can you?

2.Since this app is sold in the market, can this brick your phone? I figure since it's in the market it should be safe.

3. Is there any difference in rooting with this app and doing it yourself? Can you still do all the customization with the phone?

TIA:)

2. Spectral

Spectral Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think the app allows you to go back to stock but that is easily done through other means. The application shouldn't brick your phone but you are rooting your device so my guess would be that Sholes will not be held responsible if your phone is bricked. It should be safe though I have been using the Sholes ROMs since they started coming out. And as far as customizing you can still customize what is cool with the application is that you can get OTA updated with the Sholes ROMs so it is easy to update.

3. Droidster163

Droidster163 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response! Now when i put it back to stock mode would there be any traces of the phone being rooted?

4. deputc26

deputc26 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    1. The app won't do it for you but you can do it easy without the app.

2. yes it's safe but if you try hard enough to mess it up I'm sure you can

3. Yes but if you are new you will find it a nightmare to do all those customizations yourself.

5. Droidster163

Droidster163 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does it also include the backups in case the phone gets bricked? or does that need to be done seperate?

Thanks again for the replies guys!

6. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump for answers... I asked similar questions in the other thread but no one answered for sure..

7. blake2050

blake2050 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well what exactly are you trying to do to your phone once its rooted? Getting root is very easy and not worth paying the $5 for that app. Just follow this link:
    Obtaining Root | Root Your Droid

Now, once you are rooted to get the backups install the sprecovery. Once there you can backup / restore your phone and or install different roms.