App that can Brick Droid Wirelessly?

Kdubbjr

Reaction score
Say my phone is stolen. Id want to brick it just so it can no longer be used. Is there an app that makes this possible and if there isn't who agrees that it would be a good idea?

gentlefury

Reaction score
Say my phone is stolen. Id want to brick it just so it can no longer be used. Is there an app that makes this possible and if there isn't who agrees that it would be a good idea?

not brick, but wave secure can wipe it remotely. I think it can wipe the SD card too. There is also a root app that allows user created sms commands to wipe the system and possibly the SD card too.

Mobile Defense can be used to lock the phone and track it.

pockets

Reaction score
If u brick it, then find it later u will feel quite dumb

gentlefury

Reaction score
well the great thing about verizon is, no sim card....report it stolen and it will be blacklisted and won't be able to be re-activated :)

tktouch12

Reaction score
with mobile defense it says to install as a system if you're a root user. i am, so how can it tell it to install into system? do i just drag it in there? because i already installed it normally?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
a Droid is relatively worthless to a thief... and not a big deal to the owner, if you have insurance. use wavesecure or mobile defense to wipe the phone. if mine is stolen, i won't sweat it at all

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
WaveSecure offers remote backup and wipe. Should you not have a backup already when your phone is stolen. Your device can also be located using this app.

Mobile Defense does not yet offer remote backup or wipe, but has received accolades for it's 'location' ability. (But you must leave GPS on, it can not remotely enable it)