APP: System Monitor

HowardZ

Reaction score
My droid-x seemed to be very slow, so I found an app called "System Monitor" to try and see the cause. CPU at 99% probably from running the current version of Titanium Backup.

It has a nice widget which shows many items and can update as fast as every 5 seconds depending on the settings.

However, when one presses on the widget, it kills processes to make more free memory.

Not sure how it all works, but it is interesting.
I also put it on my Rezound.

Howard

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Have used system monitor for 3 years now, since I got my Eris. Incredibly cool and useful tool with marginal battery drain, one of the most organized task managers I've found too. And wow has it come a long way over all these years.

Great app...

OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
I am finding system monitor is primarily a task killer.

Yes, it has an ignore list, but I just wanted system monitoring, not task killing. I think it slows down my system by killing tasks that need to get restarting.

Too bad task killing can't be turned off.

Uninstall

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Oh but it is so much more. In fact the task manager is its secondary feature. It's all about the monitor. Not sure why it needs to be turned off when the only time it's used is by the user. Just like any other task killer, if you frequently close all apps then it slows things down because the phone has to reload them. That's what the ignore list is for. Use it effectively and the kill all feature can be pretty useful. At least it was, with 2gb RAM I don't see why you'd ever need to kill all again, unless you think an app is acting up but not sure which.

But the monitor is what I use it for. I just like how it separates processes by active, cache, and system, instead of just a long list in alphabetical order.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
HowardZ said:
I am finding system monitor is primarily a task killer.

Yes, it has an ignore list, but I just wanted system monitoring, not task killing. I think it slows down my system by killing tasks that need to get restarting.

Too bad task killing can't be turned off.

Uninstall

Dang lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
Dang lol

Well I am not certain it goes around killing tasks on its own.

I just wanted a monitor to use once in a while. This thing starts up automatically on every booting. Even when I specify in its settings to not automatically startup upon reboot, it still does. It feels like Norton anti virus. The only way to make it stop running all the time is to Uninstall.

It did have a nice widget.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
HowardZ said:

I just wanted a monitor to use once in a while. This thing starts up automatically on every booting. Even when I specify in its settings to not automatically startup upon reboot, it still does. It feels like Norton anti virus. The only way to make it stop running all the time is to Uninstall.

I gotcha

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Try Watch Dog Lite and see if that's what you seek.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Uhhh...hm....Guess my post was a bit too relevant to be taken seriously...

Last thing I'm going to say, it doesn't close anything automatically. As for it starting up, most likely it's because you have monitoring turned on. It can't monitor your system if it's not running. So if you want a system monitor, then you should accept the fact the app will run. Why this bothers you I'm not sure seeing as how battery impact is minimal and there is 0 effect on performance. But if you're a minimalist and are constantly checking your running services to keep the list as short as possible, then you should just go with ATK.

But hey, if you don't like it, you don't like it.