App stopped working...

cadre.9

Reaction score
Help! I just installed the latest update of Words with Friends and I keep getting this message: "Sorry! The application Words Free (process com.zynga.words) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Then the options Force Close & Report.

Is there a way to get back to the pre-update version? I don't want to uninstall because I've got, like, 8 or 9 games going and I'd hate to lose them.

cadre

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Did you try uninstalling the updates through settings?

Go into settings > applications > manage applications > and under the "downloaded" tab click on words with friends and look for the option to uninstall updates in there. If that doesnt work you could always try uninstalling the app and installing it again.

I know you said you dont want to lose your games but your words with friends account backs them up so you should be fine. I always play on my tablet but I downloaded it on my DX and logged into my account to verify this.

OP
cadre.9

cadre.9

Reaction score
Problem solved. Thank you very much.

cadre

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem, enjoy your gaming!!

Blipster

Reaction score
I agree...I get "process com.zynga.livepoker has stopped...try again"

Help! I just installed the latest update of Words with Friends and I keep getting this message: "Sorry! The application Words Free (process com.zynga.words) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Then the options Force Close & Report.

Is there a way to get back to the pre-update version? I don't want to uninstall because I've got, like, 8 or 9 games going and I'd hate to lose them.

cadre

I agree...I get "process com.zynga.livepoker has stopped...try again". The Zynga Poker update that is dated Aug 3, 2012, does not work on my Samsung Proclaim phone.

I think Zynga Poker is conflicting with the Facebook connection option, because I was able to log on as a Guest...but then you lose all your prior Statistics & Profile status data.

I hope the Zynga app writers fix this critical crash problem soon. This is the only Droid app that stopped working for me.

PS- the uninstall option did not fix this problem on my phone.