App Size razor vs nexus

hondaguy520

Reaction score
My friend has a razr and we were comparing app sizes.. same apps different phones and for some reason the apps on my nexus take up more space than on his razr? Anyone have any idea? I'm not concerned just curious. Example... bible app....5.6mb on nexus 1.5mb on razr

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

rctp10

Reaction score
My friend has a razr and we were comparing app sizes.. same apps different phones and for some reason the apps on my nexus take up more space than on his razr? Anyone have any idea? I'm not concerned just curious. Example... bible app....5.6mb on nexus 1.5mb on razr

Did you ever think it might have something to do with you being on ICS and him being on Gingerbread........

OP
hondaguy520

hondaguy520

Reaction score
yes i did but the apps are the same that are downloaded from the marketplace so that makes me wonder

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That is an interesting find actually. Do you happen to know if these apps were updated for ICS compatibility?

It could be like Windows when it went from XP to Vista? A ton more resources were used to keep basic operations running, maybe with ICS as it does require dualcore to run properly does use more resources to take advantage of the hardware.

Cor3yS

Reaction score
Or u use that app more and collected data...facebook would for sure do that due to pics being saved thumbnails

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Or u use that app more and collected data...facebook would for sure do that due to pics being saved thumbnails

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Was thinking this as well.

OP you and your friend should try clearing the cache/data of each app and then compare. Then it should be the same size

OP
hondaguy520

hondaguy520

Reaction score
OP you and your friend should try clearing the cache/data of each app and then compare. Then it should be the same size

As you know in the app settings menu it breaks down the storage for each app...and not including cache or data just the app mbs... it was larger on my nexus for any app. I will look more into it tomorrow. Like app version numbers, and what the marketplace says the download size was for certain apps. I'll post results if interested