app similar to smart actions?

megraven21

Reaction score
I have looked through about a hundred threads trying to find if anyone has found an app similar to smart actions but haven't found anything. I had a razr and razr maxx but have switched to Samsung because they make a superior product, I'm my opinion. When I had the razr maxx, I SWEAR I ran across an app that had the same features but obviously didn't need to buy it since I already had S.A.(about a year ago, give or take a few months) I remember showing it to my parents in case they wanted to use it. I can't find it or anything like it now and its driving me nuts so I thought I'd see if anyone else knows of a comparable app. I'm thinking maybe Motorola got Google to remove the one I ran across? Maybe they have a broad patent on the features and that's why nobody else has created one, if that's possible with android apps?

Anyway, I thought I'd throw this out here and see what comes back. :)

~ M.Raven

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Old thread but you're thinking of tasker.

the virus

Reaction score
I have looked through about a hundred threads trying to find if anyone has found an app similar to smart actions but haven't found anything. I had a razr and razr maxx but have switched to Samsung because they make a superior product, I'm my opinion. When I had the razr maxx, I SWEAR I ran across an app that had the same features but obviously didn't need to buy it since I already had S.A.(about a year ago, give or take a few months) I remember showing it to my parents in case they wanted to use it. I can't find it or anything like it now and its driving me nuts so I thought I'd see if anyone else knows of a comparable app. I'm thinking maybe Motorola got Google to remove the one I ran across? Maybe they have a broad patent on the features and that's why nobody else has created one, if that's possible with android apps?

~ M.Raven

Blocco is what I used to use before smart actions It is capable of doing everything that smart actions can do, it just is harder to set up and uses more battery life.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gclue.tpon

Crixus

Reaction score
Have you tried Smart Volume Control+? It's much easier to use, the interface is user friendly and it doesn't require much memory. I've been using it for a while and have no complaints - it gets the job done.

ccep22

Reaction score
That app is currently on googly play...Smart Actions by Motorola - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.contextual.smartrules

~ M.Raven

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score