App similar to My Tracks?

CapeGal

Reaction score
I recently started training for my first half ironman and am looking for an app to keep track of my progress. I really like My Tracks but I want a program that will track in miles not km. I tried jog tracker but am not a fan. I really like the features of My Tracks such as showing total distance, speed, moving time and standing time (which is great for when I bike and need to account for the time it takes me to store my phone then get on my bike..), and elevation. I really would like to see mile splits and to be able to compare runs and bike rides over a period of time to see where I am improving and where I still need improvement. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Dude I love my track so much, even for driving sometimes haha. It does infact show miles too. Hit settings - more - and then uncheck 'metric units' at the top... BOOM...

That app is amazing. It's a lot of fun isn't it? I try to beat my times alot hah.

OP
C

CapeGal

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I'm excited that it does track in miles.. I couldn't find anything better and was pretty bummed.

rbrindle

Reaction score
When you're done with your run/ride - hit menu and 'Send to Google Docs'. It will put all your stats in a row on a spreadsheet that you can view if you want to see your progress over time. totally sweet.

serveitup911

Reaction score
My tracks is awesome! I found out that I walk 6.5 miles to play 18 holes of golf on my home course. I never take a cart unless the course requires it. Great exercise!

parkbsu

Reaction score
CardioTrainer is another great workout app... I use it all the time when I'm biking. It's free in the market.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I'm 41 years old and haven't ridden a bike since I was 15 back in the 80's. Due to health reasons, I bought myself a nice bike (Trek 7.5 FX) and went for my first ride today. I tracked it using My Tracks. FREAKING PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!! I had it announce at 15 minute increments the distance and average speed. I tracked it to my destination and back. Uploaded to Google maps and docs. Wow. I can track my progress on trails here in central Florida, and I can download and provide the results to my health coach. I can't say enough about this program and the data you receive from it is invaluable. My new favourite program on the Droid.

If I had one suggestion, it would be that if you have several people that have the program, you can track them as well in case you all ride at different levels OR you track the progress for a group that you ride with. Just a wish, but otherwise, this program is amazing. Oh and it's FREE too???? WTF!!!!

iPhone who?!?!?!?

sanitroc

Reaction score
CardioTrainer is another great workout app... I use it all the time when I'm biking. It's free in the market.
Ditto. I have had no problems with cadriotrainer. It maps you routes (just be sure to turn on the GPS). When I have a full charge I just turn it on and go. It has loads of options and will speak stats to you. Have had a great experience with it so far.