smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

We have another video app review for y'all! This time it is a 3rd party home replacement launcher by the name of Lucid Launcher.

If you are looking for something just a bit different when it comes to your home launcher, be sure to check out this launcher!

If you have used or are currently using Lucid, post your thoughts below! If you decide to give this app a look-see, post your comments below!

Play Links:
Free: Lucid Launcher - Android Apps on Google Play
Paid: Lucid Launcher Pro - Android Apps on Google Play

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Though I'm content with Nova, I like that they're trying to do something different with a launcher, but not so different that it's mind-boggling to try and use/get used to.

Looking forward to see if anyone else gives it a try and leaves some opinions here.

Icculus760

Reaction score
I've been using Lucid Launcher Pro for many many months now. It's lightweight, extremely functional with no bugs (that I've encountered) and the developer is extremely quick to respond to questions/suggestions/etc. I haven't had a need to try any other launcher since I started using that one.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Great review, stg! I used lucid a long time ago. I think I was introduced to it by joshxdroid when I had my razrM. Things got so crazy that I haven't taken the time to set up my launcher with anything but touch wiz (very boring). Thanks, you've inspired me to set up my lucid & start customizing again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After getting wowed for a few moments, as always, by your gorgeous fingernails I was brought back to reality when you said "Nova replacement".
At that point I noticed nothing was mentioned about docks. Is theirs the side bar favorites feature instead of actual docks? Docks are more important to me than home screens because I use docks instead of home pages for widget and app icon placement. The latest version of Nova kills long press the menu button for phone settings, which is a deal breaker for me after years of tolerating the arrogance of the developer so I'm looking for another launcher. I really like the vertical scroll for home pages feature
What features are unlocked with the paid version? Anything dynamite or just pretty bell and whistle ability?
Thanks for the review

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
After getting wowed for a few moments, as always, by your gorgeous fingernails I was brought back to reality when you said "Nova replacement".
At that point I noticed nothing was mentioned about docks. Is theirs the side bar favorites feature instead of actual docks? Docks are more important to me than home screens because I use docks instead of home pages for widget and app icon placement. The latest version of Nova kills long press the menu button for phone settings, which is a deal breaker for me after years of tolerating the arrogance of the developer so I'm looking for another launcher. I really like the vertical scroll for home pages feature
What features are unlocked with the paid version? Anything dynamite or just pretty bell and whistle ability?
Thanks for the review

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

There are no "docks" and as you mention, the sidebar is the replacement for that I believe, however it does not allow the placement of widgets. There is another app (not part of this launcher but can be used with it) which allows you to have widgets in a sidebar (I have a video for it as well LOL)...

As for the "pro" features, I copied these from the Play Store...
Pro Version Unlocks:
★Custom Search Text (Look at screenshots)
★Ability to hide app label in favorites bar
★More Page Transition Animations
★Vertical Page Transitions
★More Home Pages
★Custom Sidebar Theme
★Multiple other Sidebar Settings
★More Gestures
★Ability to include Hidden Apps in Search Results
★More Folder Icon Styles
★Folder Color Options
★No Ads
★Other Cool Features

I thought that I read in the thread on XDA that there was a way to lock icons / widgets in place so that they scrolled / were visible on each screen but I will have to search for that info just to be sure. I am not a dock user so I didn't worry about that. I did look thru settings and nothing seemed glaringly obvious that that was actually a possibility but if I find something, I will definitely report back.

As for the video I mentioned above, it is for an app call Appsii so if you are interested in it... APPS - Video Review of Appsii Android Forum at DroidForums.net

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are no "docks" and as you mention, the sidebar is the replacement for that I believe, however it does not allow the placement of widgets. There is another app (not part of this launcher but can be used with it) which allows you to have widgets in a sidebar (I have a video for it as well LOL)...

As for the "pro" features, I copied these from the Play Store...
Pro Version Unlocks:
★Custom Search Text (Look at screenshots)
★Ability to hide app label in favorites bar
★More Page Transition Animations
★Vertical Page Transitions
★More Home Pages
★Custom Sidebar Theme
★Multiple other Sidebar Settings
★More Gestures
★Ability to include Hidden Apps in Search Results
★More Folder Icon Styles
★Folder Color Options
★No Ads
★Other Cool Features

I thought that I read in the thread on XDA that there was a way to lock icons / widgets in place so that they scrolled / were visible on each screen but I will have to search for that info just to be sure. I am not a dock user so I didn't worry about that. I did look thru settings and nothing seemed glaringly obvious that that was actually a possibility but if I find something, I will definitely report back.

As for the video I mentioned above, it is for an app call Appsii so if you are interested in it... APPS - Video Review of Appsii Android Forum at DroidForums.net
Thank you. Sounds sort of like the multi app side bar on my Notes but I can set the ones I want. I like that. Dock on bottom or side matters not to me if I can make them disappear like I do on Nova
Thanks again. I just wanted to know before downloading and setting things up. The extra goodies for paid mostly seem like stuff I wouldn't use anyway so if/when I go pro it'll be as support and not extras.
Edit. Didn't work with my Multiple Picture Live Wallpaper app that I've been using longer than Nova Uninstalled .Bummer

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Great review, stg! I used lucid a long time ago. I think I was introduced to it by joshxdroid when I had my razrM. Things got so crazy that I haven't taken the time to set up my launcher with anything but touch wiz (very boring). Thanks, you've inspired me to set up my lucid & start customizing again.

I take that back. It wasn't lucid launcher I tried, it was ssLauncher. I couldn't understand why it wasn't showing as purchased when I did my play store search (I knew I used it long enough to buy it). Well duh, wrong launcher. Nova was my favorite till ssLauncher. Now, I will give Lucid a try.