App request

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by stevo95, Mar 21, 2010.

1. stevo95

stevo95 New Member

Is there a forum or place where you can request a developer create a particular app?
  2. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    In the developer forum...but honestly I've not seen but maybe one or two people that actually develop apps post here.

The only one that jumps right out at me as an actual app developer (not some rep from a company and not a ROM developer) is the guy that makes MyLock.

I called a company that makes apps for the Android system and their base charge is right around 1000 dollars. Just to give you an idea of what you are looking at. It's not like "hey make this" "ok no problem give me a minute".
  3. stevo95

stevo95 New Member

I understand what you are saying. I am thinking (naively probably), are there any devs out there looking for ideas for an app. The one I am thinking about, the idea is so simple that I am amazed it is not available for the Android platform.

I've already posted asking if such an app is available (simple running log linked to a website so it can be updated on the Droid or the website). There are a million complex apps that log your GPS etc, but I dont want to do that. There was one app that kind of worked but it was too clunky and not really designed for that purpose.
  4. NewAppIdea

NewAppIdea New Member

Have you considered finding a developer on NewAppIdea.com (https://www.newappidea.com). It is a community where people with creative new app ideas but no programming skills can connect with and hire expert app developers.
  5. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

There are a number of such sites. Appubator is one.