App request (2), possible money maker

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ned4spd8874, Mar 20, 2010.

1. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an idea for an app that alerts the user when the phone is docked, but not properly sitting in the cradle to be charged. This seems to happen to me all the time and it would be nice if there was an app running to monitor when the phone is switched over to the multimedia dock mode, but not charging. I would be willing to pay for such an app because it is quite annoying to find your phone dead when you wake up in the morning.

The second app is actually for my site. I would like an app that can show new entries and you can also use to search my site for information. I'm willing to pay for the development of such and app, but to be honest, I'm not rich and the site doesn't make me any money. So it can't be a lot.

Any feedback or responses would be appreciated.

2. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They got one. That little lightning bolt or whatever comes up in the battery to let you know its charging :)

3. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I know, but it doesn't work to well for me. #1, it switches over to the clock mode pretty quickly so it gets covered up. #2, I can't see it at night with my glasses off.

4. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    But if you know its an issue why dont you just make sure you do it right to begin with. No need to pay for an app considering if it was put on improperly, you would still have to fix it. So why not just take the extra second the first time to give it a little push downward and make sure its in all the way. (I mean that in the nicest way possible, not trying to be rude or anything)

For your second question, you could add an rss feed to your website. Then users could see new posts. As for the search, I'm not sure

5. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The problem is that I do. It seems to be mounted correctly. But I will wake up in the morning to find that it wasn't. I could take extra time to lift it up and put it back down to make sure it's seated properly, but, I don't know, it just seems to be more of a pain to make sure it's seated properly and charing and all that. I thought it could just be a simple program, guess not.

6. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The best advice i can give you is to click the back button once docked and check. Then if it is charging correctly go to the notification pulldown and select the Dock option again and it will return it to the dock mode.