1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

App Permission Explanations??

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by Android Maniac, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Android Maniac

Android Maniac New Member

I was wondering if anyone knew a good site to look at for a very detailed look at what all the permissions asked for really mean when you install a new app? I can easily see what is written under the permissions and I generally understand what it is saying, but I'd much rather have a detailed description of each possible one and show it in context. I won't give an example because I don't just want that one example answered. Lots of applications ask for (yes example i know), "Full Internet Access", but i'm not asking what a specific one does I'm asking in context why would an app need it. I know this sounds confusing, but if your not reading this and your immediate response is just not to be snarky and answer like a wise@ss right away then you get the legitimacy of my question.

So if anyone knows a program or a webpage that has a full detailed description of what permissions do in relation to an app, I'd very much appreciate it. I know different apps need different permissions but I'm looking for a broad overview explanation. Thanks!
  2. everstar80

everstar80 New Member

I found a webpage below that developers use for what their guidlines are for you to look at. I don't know if it will answer all of your questions but maybe it will clarify some of the questions that you have. Hope that this helps.

Security and Permissions | Android Developers
  3. Android Maniac

Android Maniac New Member

Thank you very much Star!!! :)
  4. everstar80

everstar80 New Member

No problem. Glad I was able to help.
Search tags for this page
android app permissions explained
android app permissions explanations
android app permissions explanations 2014
android application permission explanations