App or Widget to restart/power off Droid?

holee

Reaction score
I'd like an app, or a widget that I can use to powercycle or shut down my Droid.

I had one for my Windows Mobile which was really nice. I could slide a bar to the right.

Is there any equivalent out in the marketplace

KCW

Reaction score
I agree, this would be a great app!

Erich_F

Reaction score
Yeah, pressing the Off button for a whole second and making two taps is a real PAIN. :blink:

KCW

Reaction score
But why not just reduce all that tedious work down to one tap? i mean really... a second is a long time, and to top it off, an additional 2 more taps? OMG thats almost like work.. lol I'm just sayin, it would be a nice app.

Erich_F

Reaction score
To each their own, for sure...I'm just sayin'...there's only a few reasons I can think of why you need to shut down a phone so quick, all for nepharious reasons. :)

Big Lou

Reaction score
There are apps that turn your phone into a disco-color strobe light... I'm pretty sure this is a little less superfluous.

krazykid6911

Reaction score
A Reboot can be simply done also by hitting Shift - Alt - Del

Like Ctrl - alt - Del on a Windows PC.

thrashtrash

Reaction score
i miss this

i miss this feature from my G1. pressing the power button giving me the option to restart instead of just power off. i think it would be cool to see this again

OP
H

holee

Reaction score
Some of you think the app is silly, that's fine. I'll start a separate thread for that.

This is one of the most powerful smartphones on the market. I'd like to customize it to how I want it, and considering there are metal detector apps out there, I think a button to manage reboot/off isn't unreasonable.

Otherwise, I do appreciate any recommendation on applications. I'm thinking this is one of those wait for the market to catch up bits, but I'm hoping there's a small app I may have missed.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, pressing the Off button for a whole second and making two taps is a real PAIN. :blink:
It is! I'm training a monkey to do it for me.

SMS is a pain too. This monkey better learn to type. :D