1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

APP NEEDED:USB PC keyboard output from 2d scanner

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by bnrusso, Dec 29, 2010.

1. bnrusso

bnrusso New Member

There are a few 2d scanners that work quite well displaying the results to the screen or e-mailing them. They are even free.

What I need is for the scan results to go out the tethered USB cable as if it were a regular USB PC keyboard.

Anyone know if that's easily possible??
  2. takeshi

takeshi New Member

I don't understand your question. Why would scan results go out via the USB cable to a USB keyboard? Keyboards generally don't receive data. Did you mean to say to a PC?
  3. bnrusso

bnrusso New Member

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Currently the scanner app sends the scan results to the screen of the droid.
    I need the scanned results to show up on my pc screen instead of (or in addition to) the droid screen when the droid is plugged into the PC via the USB cable.
    I want the scanned results to go from the droid to a PC as if the droid was a USB keyboard sending the data to a pc. Just as if I had typed it.

The PC would accept data from either source, scanned by the droid or typed on the pc's keyboard.

I want the PC to think the tethered droid IS just a 2d barcode scanner, inputing data instead of me typing it.
Search tags for this page

2d barcode scanner output

2d scanner act as keyboard

android 2d barcode keyboard

android 2d barcode scanner output

android keyboard for pc