Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Never tried? What for?

Stigy

Reaction score
If you are talking about the name of the app ON the home screen you can try to use AnyCut (or its paid version BetterCut).

I used them on my G1, but not sure if they work on the DROID.

Rettocs

Reaction score
If you are talking about the name of the app ON the home screen you can try to use AnyCut (or its paid version BetterCut).

I used them on my G1, but not sure if they work on the DROID.

BetterCut works on the Droid. I currently use it, and love it.

Stigy

Reaction score
What are you trying to accomplish?

Are you trying to rename the application on the home screen?

Reaction score
You can't change an apps actual name. Not possible, just like you cant change an apps native icon.

You CAN use bettercut to add a shortcut to an app on any home screen, use whatever icon you want (search internet for icons, there's millions of em) and name it whatever you want, even just a single blank space which leaves a little grey oval underneath the icon..

M

Matth3w

Ah, ok, maybe it's time to get that. I hate how some of the names trail off etc. Just the OCD in me. I think I had AnyCut on my G1.

Rettocs

Reaction score
Ah, ok, maybe it's time to get that. I hate how some of the names trail off etc. Just the OCD in me. I think I had AnyCut on my G1.

+1 This is the very reason I tried this app, is because I wanted to make shorter names for things that were too long. Now, of course, I have all of my shorcuts customized and things.