*App Name* Can't Be Downloaded Due to An Error (-101) Help!?!?!?!?

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Every app I download from the market, free or paid, gives me this error. I am on Android 4.0.3.

I googled the issue, and there were several results of people having it, on many different phones.
How can I fix this? I have tried clearing cache, data, installing different versions of the market, using WIFI, 3G, etc.

Thanks.

mg8199

Reaction score
Every app I download from the market, free or paid, gives me this error. I am on Android 4.0.3.

I googled the issue, and there were several results of people having it, on many different phones.
How can I fix this? I have tried clearing cache, data, installing different versions of the market, using WIFI, 3G, etc.

Thanks.

I've tried everything too. It's pissing me off. I have a Nexus and it was fine for two weeks now all of a sudden the Market is not working.
Is your device showing up in the actual web Marketplace? Mine isn't. The only device that is showing is/was my OG Droid.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That sounds like a Google issue, not a phone/ROM issue.

OP
D

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Mine doesn't, no.

I had to restore to GB on my Droid 3 since I couldn't fix it. I might try flashing ICS again though.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Different Solution XDA style

When downloading files gets out error -101.

1). Reload this phone
2). Connect to your home wifi.
3). On the router to change the time zone. Differences on how much and where not.
4). Now check. Should all downloaded. If everything is OK, return back to the time zone.

Sign into gmail.
Open, android market, setting, content filtering, clicked Everyone.. then clicked Then s
how all.. Then press ok.

Settings > aplication > all > Google Services Framework and force stop, clear cache then reboot your phone

check if you have proxy settings in your apn, if you do, delete them and it should fix the problem

deleting all of the updates to Market in Settings/Applications/Manage/Market app
What failed:

• Remove account, add account.
  • Clear market data, remove account, add account.
  • Clear market data, remove account, ‘reboot’, add account.
  • Install Android Market 3.1.3, clear market data, remove account, ‘reboot’, add account.
  • Install Android Market 3.1.3, clear market data, remove account, ‘reboot’, add account, reboot.
What worked:
  • Install Android Market 3.1.3, clear market data, remove account, ‘power off', add account, 'power off'.
Instead of deleteing the account. I tried syncing the account.

It worked.

1/2 the time without a reboot

Please note that after all that: it was my brother's phone!