app/launcher bar color??

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by filthy1, Feb 15, 2010.

1. filthy1

filthy1 New Member

So guys and gals I have been able to change all of my notification bar icons such as the battery notifications and such and I have also successfully made my notification bar 100% transparent. not gone just without any color!!!! And yes it does show your wallpaper behind the icons! But my bottom launcher bar or app bar or what ever you want to call it is still visible which I hope to change...which brings me to my question: is the .png for the launcher bar in the framework-res.apk with the notification bar ones and I am overlooking it??? or is it found somewhere else? please help me out so I can change it to complete my look. So what is the name of it and where it can be found thanks in advance.
    :icon_ devil:
  2. filthy1

filthy1 New Member

anybody.....someone must know how to edit it? or at least what it is called so that I can try to find it
  3. Topsy

Topsy New Member

Those images are in the Launcher.apk which is located in /system/app/
  4. filthy1

filthy1 New Member

Thanks a ton topsy that did the trick and I was able to change it as well!
  5. Topsy

Topsy New Member

Cool ya they are just regular png's so easy stuff.
  6. mikedav1

mikedav1 New Member

Can you share the method?
  7. rednukleus

rednukleus New Member

Yes please share a little about the process. It would be fun to make my own.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  8. filthy1

filthy1 New Member

well first you need to be rooted of course then IMHO root explorer from the market is the easiest way to start messing with it..... go into root explorer and mount the system....then go into your system file and select framework. next you want to COPY your favorite/current framework-res.apk to your sdcard. Use the root explorer to rename the file to framework-res.zip . This can be done by hard pressing on the file in the sdcard file, and select the rename option. Now you can connect the phone to your pc for the fun parts. Go into your sdcard and pull the file that you have named framework-res.zip out onto your computer. Open the file with winzip or whatever you use. Once open you need to go into the res folder and scroll down to the drawable-hdpi folder. Here you will find all your icons and such and you can change them to your liking with GIMP editor (free) or photoshop. The status bar is named:statusbar_background.9.png this is the one for just when your phone is on the home screen etc. The backgrounds for when you pull it down are different but right near it and I can give you exact names if you need them too. Edit this with GIMP or photoshop to whatever color and level of transparency ( if you need help I can help you if you choose to use GIMP as it is what I use)you would like and save/over ride it in your open zip file along with any icons you may have changed. Next you want to put the changed framework-res.zip file back on to your sdcard overwrite or delete the original you started with. Now you have to unmount the sdcard and go back into root explorer and rename your file from framework-res.zip back to framework-res.apk . Unmount sdcard and open adb shell type the following commands to overwrite the original file with your edited one.
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    busybox cp -R /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework
    sync
    reboot

enjoy! your changes should be present when you reboot.

let me know if you have questions before you do this and also do a fresh back up before in case you mess up you can get your phone back as the framework is sensitive and after so you can have your changes anytime you need them in case you mess something else up further down the road. you won't have to redo all your work.
Search tags for this page

colored names in alchemy app