App Killer Needed

bigmac429

Reaction score
I've had my D3 now for a few days and know that it comes with all these apps already preloaded. What is the best thing to use for killing apps? The D3 comes with Task Manager installed to auto-end apps which seems to help, but there are certain apps that still continue to run. I've installed the free Advanced Task Killer app, even with setting this app to kill certain apps, they restart themselves. What is the best app killer for the D3?

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I've had my D3 now for a few days and know that it comes with all these apps already preloaded. What is the best thing to use for killing apps? The D3 comes with Task Manager installed to auto-end apps which seems to help, but there are certain apps that still continue to run. I've installed the free Advanced Task Killer app, even with setting this app to kill certain apps, they restart themselves. What is the best app killer for the D3?

There is a recent thread on this topic.

John.Edwards

Reaction score
Certain apps will continue to restart themselves no matter how often you kill them. You will just eat your battery if you configure a task killer.
The best way to fix this is with root, (and remove the bloatware) and I think we are all waiting for this.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
It still blows my mind that they would install bloatware that can't be removed that constantly runs. Especially where battery life in smartphones is such a big selling point for many people.

Makes less than zero sense.

Sparkimus

Reaction score
It still blows my mind that they would install bloatware that can't be removed that constantly runs. Especially where battery life in smartphones is such a big selling point for many people.

This.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Unless you're trying to sell extended batteries ;-)

The_Rick_14

Reaction score

Unless you're trying to sell extended batteries ;-)

The absence of a shady 80s business man in me always forgets things like this. haha

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Task killers shouldn't be needed. Android handles it well.

The bloatware is annoying but just because it is loaded and ready in memory doesn't mean that it is using battery power.