app killer/manager

kcd1369

Reaction score
On my old droid 3 it came with a app that I could set up to kill unwanted apps when the phone was in my pocket. I have not found anything on my new RAZR maxx HD that does the same. Did I miss it? If not can anyone recommend an app that works well with the RAZR maxx HD?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
A task killer is not necessary and I counter productive on the new razr series.

AirJunky

Reaction score
It has a Task Mgr built in already.... just hit the button on the lower right, then you can select one of the opened apps, or swipe them to the side to close them.

m@tt

Reaction score
It has a Task Mgr built in already.... just hit the button on the lower right, then you can select one of the opened apps, or swipe them to the side to close them.

I noticed the razr doesn't have a button to kill all. You have kill them one by one. Wonder why?

OP
K

kcd1369

Reaction score
That's not an app killer

That button is just to show recently use apps. it doesn't kill them. try it.
thanks anyway.

AirJunky

Reaction score
That button is just to show recently use apps. it doesn't kill them. try it.
thanks anyway.
Tried it. I can see the list of recently used apps. I swipe them to one side or the other & it appears to kill them.

Your welcome anyway. :blink:

Last edited:

pksopp

Reaction score
would setting process limits help in dev options?
lately i've been wondering what's the best setting there - i'd like 6 or 8 i think, but can only get 4 or standard...whatever standard is.

lilhill

Reaction score
would setting process limits help in dev options?
lately i've been wondering what's the best setting there - i'd like 6 or 8 i think, but can only get 4 or standard...whatever standard is.

I'm wondering this, too...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Tried it. I can see the list of recently used apps. I swipe them to one side or the other & it appears to kill them.

Your welcome anyway. :blink:

It doesn't kill all apps. It will kill some, but not all.

Google has gone out of their way to call it a recent apps list, and not to indicate that it provides any sort of task manager functionality. So it's best to think of it as just that - a recent apps list (and not a task manager).

lkevinl

Reaction score
I think some kind of app killer IS necessary on this phone unfortunately. Rooted running stock with stock home screen, with the home screen or keyboard start to lag, I go to recent apps and swipe them all away... this kills some, not others, but after doing this, sluggishness goes away. Explain this and why no app killer is needed? Really not happy about this. My Bionic on ICS was working about as good... or as laggy. Don't get me wrong, neither are bad, but I expected a huge upgrade from the Bionic with no lag and I'm still having lag.