App keeps disappearing.

Dougw133

Reaction score
Its prolly moved to SD card, move it to the phone, had same problem but with a different app

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

No. There gone all together

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Menu....manage apps.... media area.... move to phone

Dougw133

Reaction score
Menu....manage apps.... media area.... move to phone

Guys .... I appreciate the help. Im an original d1 user rooted etc... I know a little bit here. The apps are gone. Not in media area, not anywhere else. The are gone...

oildriller83

Reaction score
I've noticed this same issue. That, and my market will say updates available, but when I select it from the notification bar, it loads the market with no apps showing needing updates

bplewis24

Reaction score
I don't use Apps2SD. I am using the SD card that came with the Bionic. I'm not rooted or anything.

XDAForums app constantly disappears every time I reboot the phone. I've just stopped re-installing it.

Brandon

Larock14

Reaction score
This happened to me also.. It has something to do with the apps going to the "Media area" instead of the SD Card like we are all used to. A software issue that will hopefully get fixed.

To fix it on your phone, follow the instructions that Sweeeet posted above. Menu....manage apps.... media area.... move to phone.

If the apps are not showing up in the Media Area, reboot your phone. I had to move a few, reboot, move a few more and continue the process until all the apps in this section no longer have a green check mark next to them. It took me about 5 reboots but in the end I was able to move them all back.

If this doesn't work, redownload the apps and don't move them over. Hopefully a fix will come out soon.

Scott

bplewis24

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Both apps were in the media area after I reinstalled them. I moved them so hopefully that's a sufficient workaround til there is a software update.

Brandon

segdoh49

Reaction score
Yea...this really SUCKS the big one. I was having the same problem with apps. But to increase the mania I have an app called VS (Video Safe) which lets you hide video from unwanted users accessing. Long story short, it's suppose to add video to a secured/passworded area of you SD card. And when you initiate this it comes up with an error msg "Failed to save to SD Card. Please make sure you have an SD Card in the phone and it still has excess capacity" Well Duh!
If I didn't have an SD card I wouldnt have the smut movies to hide. I'm sure it has something to do with the operating system Motorola has in directing to the 'SD' card. Probably calling it 'Media' instead of SD...Still sucks, I hope an update will rectify.

gchave

Reaction score
bionic needs some work

so basically i believe this will come down to a software update... i have been to multiple Verizon stores, not much help there! they didn't know anything about the problem. i even call motorola and spent a good time talking to them about it getting sent up to a level 3 problem(now just waiting for them to call me back)...
anyway the must annoying part of all this is that this could easily have not been a problem if the Bionic just let us move our apps to our sd card...i mean what else do you want to use a smart phone for besides documents music and !!APPS!! so why would they give us absolutely no space to hold our applications.. i mean i understand that an app will work better if it is on your phone then if it had to take it from the sd card to us but if thats your case then why would you only give us bionic users only 4GB of space for our apps...i mean come on.. and then you create this "media area" thing (an optional internal space) but we can't even put our apps onto it because it will delete them.
don't get me wrong.. i love this phone, it just needs some work in the storage area. a lot of work.

bt1962

Reaction score
Pure conjecture

It looks like they may have some sort of problem with compressing the files when they are moved into the media area, as when I move them back to the phone they expand to a larger size. Just wondering...

:frown:

OP
M

Mr.Badguy

Reaction score
My issue eventually resolved itself after a few more tries. At one point there was an error notification when trying to install (triangle with a ! in it in notification panel), then tried again and got a "not enough space" error. Tried it again after that and its been on the phone ever since...

crimattyple

Reaction score
I've also experienced the "missing apps" after a reboot. I think it's something the Moto folks need to be working on.

aramos87

Reaction score
I've noticed this same issue. That, and my market will say updates available, but when I select it from the notification bar, it loads the market with no apps showing needing updates

I had that happen to me, but then as I scrolled to my purchased apps it showed that my maps and youtube were down in there and both required updates...

Renae

Reaction score
I finally had this happen to me, annoying.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

deek

Reaction score
has happened to me too. when it did, it was droid forums so i couldnt even load it to vent. power cycle and it was back.