App inventor

alm0614

Reaction score
I got my app inventor email today, i went to try and create my first app and it says it cant connect to my phone, i have all the settings right. Is it bc i am rooted? and running 2.2? or what

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got my app inventor email today, i went to try and create my first app and it says it cant connect to my phone, i have all the settings right. Is it bc i am rooted? and running 2.2? or what

i want them to send me an invite....i only applied for it like a month and a half ago..... (not like its a long wait or anything) :( and i wish i knew the answer to your question, if i had the program id gladly fiqure out your problem. Maybe you should try falshing back to eclair just to see.

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
well it should work on 2.2 as there are some stock droids that are at 2.2 now

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
alright well sorry i got an invite haha.. i want my invite to work though!

BeADroid

Reaction score

I had this probelm when I frist started using app inventor (sat), did you manually install the drivers, if you reference the setup, you will see that some may have to manually install the drivers for their phone.** I did that and then rebooted the computer and all was golden.
** - you install through the device manager in windows, when asking for drivers you send it to the app inventor - extras folder in the android folder.
I hope that this helps, the program is way cool, with some limtations, but cool non the less.dancedroid

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
droid need drivers? it said it included em?

nerdkill

Reaction score

I had this probelm when I frist started using app inventor (sat), did you manually install the drivers, if you reference the setup, you will see that some may have to manually install the drivers for their phone.** I did that and then rebooted the computer and all was golden.
** - you install through the device manager in windows, when asking for drivers you send it to the app inventor - extras folder in the android folder.
I hope that this helps, the program is way cool, with some limtations, but cool non the less.dancedroid

i'm supper confused on where to find the drive rand install it. i go to device manager>motorola adb interface>automatically>search for drivers. and then it comes up that it can't find any drivers. HELP PLEASE I'M GOING NUTSO.

Reaction score

i want them to send me an invite....i only applied for it like a month and a half ago..... (not like its a long wait or anything) :( and i wish i knew the answer to your question, if i had the program id gladly fiqure out your problem. Maybe you should try falshing back to eclair just to see.

Ha! I applied on 3 different accounts, still nothing... C'mon Google.

nerdkill

Reaction score

i'm supper confused on where to find the drive rand install it. i go to device manager>motorola adb interface>automatically>search for drivers. and then it comes up that it can't find any drivers. HELP PLEASE I'M GOING NUTSO.

this thread seems to be dead, but thought i'd post if anyone is having Any connection issues. it says you have to select charge only (which never made sense to be considering you need your pc to communicate with your phone) i installed something like app inventor extras or something of that nature and then connected using usb for windows sync and everything synced great. this is soooooooooooooo much fun to play with. i feel after you spend time playing and learning you can make really fun stuff. just seeing something you create working on your phone is so much fun. SUCK IT APPLE. (droid x rooted with the leaked froyo)

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
do you have to manually install other drivers?

MrKleen

Reaction score
I got my invite a couple weeks ago and everything works fine. At the app inventor website it gives you all of the software needed and instructions to tell you how to do it. And yes it works with a rooted droid 1 because i had 1 and it works fine.

rjpear

Reaction score
this thread seems to be dead, but thought i'd post if anyone is having Any connection issues. it says you have to select charge only (which never made sense to be considering you need your pc to communicate with your phone) i installed something like app inventor extras or something of that nature and then connected using usb for windows sync and everything synced great. this is soooooooooooooo much fun to play with. i feel after you spend time playing and learning you can make really fun stuff. just seeing something you create working on your phone is so much fun. SUCK IT APPLE. (droid x rooted with the leaked froyo)

Where do you change the setting for USB For WINDOWS SYNC or use USB to CHARGE only..?
I am having the same connection issues... Running Chevy's Simply Stunning 2.2
THanks