1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

App/Icon NAMES on Home screen. Please help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ihoyle, Feb 20, 2010.

1. ihoyle

ihoyle New Member

Ok ive been searching all over and cant find anything about hiding the words below my home screen shortcuts.. my phone IS rooted and i have Better cuts i just think it would look really neat without the labels telling me what the shortcut is
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

If using Bettercut, you can put a space in place of the name of the application. This will give the illusion that there is no title, once you click on the app there is a little box where the space is.

I would assume there would be a way to do this rooted, but it would probably require pulling the apk off the phone. Editing it then pushing it back to the phone, not sure if you can get rid of the little box below the icon when highlighted. I would assume yes, but I am not sure where that would be.

I am in the middle of changing ROMs, I will post a couple screens once I am back up and running to show what I mean.

*Edit* On a dark background (mostly black) I couldn't see the box below it, but it is indeed there, and shows up on a lighter background. So I was wrong about the space. Although I guess if you use a dark background it does indeed work. This shot is just thrown together to show what I mean. Both are actually app organizer shortcuts, but same thing is possible in bettercut, I did test it.

[​IMG]

The one on the left obviously is the regular one with title intact, the one on the right is one with a space instead of a title. This is on a bright background though, if you use one that is the same, or similar enough color as the box below the icon, it disappears. Which is why I made the boneheaded statement that you can do it, and highlighting it makes it appear. Highlighting it just makes the background for the icon lighter, thus making it appear. So basically this sets you back to square one. And this post was pretty much useless haha. Sorry.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  3. r314bd

r314bd New Member

bump...also wondering how to do this
  4. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Install ADW, it has an option for that.
  5. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Launcher Pro does as well.
Search tags for this page

android hide app title