[APP] [FREE] Multi List Checklist Application! Updated v1.9

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by informaticsdev, May 15, 2012.

1. informaticsdev

informaticsdev New Member

Hello Droid Forums!

I know there are hundreds of To Do List applications already submitted to the Play Store, however many of them that I found were too cluttered with features, or had a very unappealing layout.

Because of this, I decided to create Multi List! Its themed to look like an ICS for all phones, regardless of your Android version. This is my first Android project so I would really appreciate your feedback and suggestions. You can email me at tyler@informaticsdev.com. Before creating this app, the only programming experience I had was with Python and PHP with MYSQL. I'm currently a student at Indiana University in the School of Informatics program, and I spent a portion of this current semester learning Java and Android. I created this application as a class final project, but I will continually work on making Multi List better.

Here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.informaticsdev.multilist

I have gotten some positive feedback and suggestions from XDA, and I just released an updated version so I thought it may be time to spread it a little more. The semester is now complete and I have more time to work on it, so I will consider any suggestion you can throw at me!

Thank you!

Tyler Roach
    tyler@informaticsdev.com

View attachment 50109

View attachment 50110

View attachment 50111
  2. cwassman

cwassman New Member

One nice feature would be the ability to export and then send/email/print a list or lists.

Is there currently a way to pull a file out of the existing files generated by the export feature for sending/printing? Using RootExplorer to open the backup file, the SQLviewer seems to show some aspects of a list....but I am not knowledgeable enough beyond that :(

Nice app!
  3. informaticsdev

I like that idea. I hadn't worked on it because I just added all of the main features I feel are absolutely necessary. I should be able to do something like that though. The sql file in root explorer should show all of the entries under the notes db. Give me a couple of days and I'll let you know if I make any progress!

Tyler
  4. informaticsdev

Which would be most important first?

The ability to send one xml file with every to do list entry. or
    The ability to specify which list to show.

I would do both, just wondering which would be most beneficial. I'm guessing the second one.
  5. cwassman

cwassman New Member

I would agree. Selecting a specific list would be good to have. Thanks!
  6. informaticsdev

I wanted to update you and anyone else that wants to know that I have built an xml export. However, xml is not very readable as far as formatting goes. I am pretty sure I know need to transform this data into html, which could be formatted properly for email, printing, etc. I have an idea how to do it as I've been searching online, but I just have to figure out how to build it. I'm not going to have any time to work over the weekend, but I should be able to get this working soon.
  7. cwassman

cwassman New Member

Good deal. Thanks for timely updates!
  8. informaticsdev

Email option has been added in v2.0 on the Play Store now!
  9. cwassman

cwassman New Member

Hmmmm....I am not seeing this as updating on my phone. In playstore it also still shows the latest version as 1.92 from 5/13.
  10. informaticsdev

Hmm. Here is the web address: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.informaticsdev.multilist

The Play Store stores a cache and doesn't load every time on your phone, but it should have updated the cache by now. You could install from the web link, wait for cache to update, or clear the play store cache under application settings.
  11. cwassman

cwassman New Member

I stand corrected. I see that my phone DID automatically update to v2.0, and I figured out the email feature. Thanks!