App Force Close (Droid X)

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by Psycrow, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Psycrow

Psycrow New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the Droid X in mid December and it was running fine until about a week ago. Every time I try to access the picture gallery via shortcut or by finding the file in the phone's task menu it takes over the screen like it's about to open then closes right away and takes me back to the home screen.

Any suggestions?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Remove all task killers and virus protection. Do a simple reset. If it continues to force close on you then you will probably need to do a factory data reset out of your privacy section.
  3. igknight

igknight Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the fix for the Gallery is to open Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, click the ALL tab, find Gallery in the list and click it. Once open, click Clear Data.

Otherwise you need to eject the memory card, move the contents to your computer, format the card, and move the contents back.

There are many posts on this board dealing with this issue, if one of these does not work, they might have something better.
  4. Psycrow

Psycrow New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did the factory reset. It's working fine now. But I was surprised to find that all my pics were still on the card. I would have figured that everything had been erased. Thanks for all the help. :)
Search tags for this page

apps force close on droid x#gsc.tab

droid x phone force closes all the time

droidx 2 force closing apps

search how to close droid x apps