app for reverse lookup of contacts?

ldimick

Reaction score
I'd like to be able to type in a phone number and have the droid search my contacts to see if they are in my contacts. My iPhone had this and it is sometimes handy when my wife misses a call and doesn't have the person as a contact on her phone.

windstrings

Reaction score
I'd like to be able to type in a phone number and have the droid search my contacts to see if they are in my contacts. My iPhone had this and it is sometimes handy when my wife misses a call and doesn't have the person as a contact on her phone.

If you don't mind pressing "send" to initiate the call it will do the same thing.. just hang up quickly before it completes.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is something that WinMo does, and it's really the only good feature of that OS.

I asked the same question when I first got my phone, and no one had a good answer. Sorry, dude.

rjax

Reaction score
Nubdial or dialer one in the market.

The nice thing about Dialer One is that it can display your call log right above the dialer. The nice thing about Nubdial is the way it highlights your search results. I go back and forth between them -- they're definitely worth checking out.

Sal R.

Reaction score

The nice thing about Dialer One is that it can display your call log right above the dialer. The nice thing about Nubdial is the way it highlights your search results. I go back and forth between them -- they're definitely worth checking out.

I use NubDial purely for aesthetic reasons. :) It integrates into the OEM look of the Droid.

At least you can still access regular contacts/call log via the menu button, but I would much prefer if the call log and contacts were in tabs like the stock dialer for the droid.

Too bad you can use it to completely replace the dialer app.

rjax

Reaction score

I use NubDial purely for aesthetic reasons. :) It integrates into the OEM look of the Droid.

At least you can still access regular contacts/call log via the menu button, but I would much prefer if the call log and contacts were in tabs like the stock dialer for the droid.

Too bad you can use it to completely replace the dialer app.

If you change Dialer One's settings so that the application theme is black, it looks fairly OEM. But I still prefer the look of NubDial, even then. So I tend to use NubDial, especially since I can also access the call log in Home++ by long-pressing on the phone icon in the power strip. (And when I set the phone icon in the power strip to start NubDial by default, it at least feels like it's mostly replacing the stock dialer.)

windstrings

Reaction score
Humm..its different... I access my favorites alot.. this takes an extra step or two... the search is nice with nubdialer.

but so far I like Dialer One.. better interface and easy access.

But how do you add a new contact with dialer one?

-------------

figured it out... have to toggle to recent list then press and hold on a name and will give an option to create, you have to edit the number if its never been called before or it makes a new contact of whoever you pressed.

-------------LOL!.. they just added an update..

Last edited:

keezyrick

Reaction score
How do you add a space in the T9 sequence. If I want to search for Firstname Lastname because I have multiples of Firstname that go beyond the screen, I would like to hit a button that enters a space so I can continue search by spelling Lastname.

Nubdialer uses # key. I know that is already in use on Dialer One but something is needed to do it or assume search to ignore spaces in the names so FirstnameL finds Firstname Lastname.

windstrings

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean but with dialer one you just type a few letters in and it brings up many possibilities... the more letters, the more the possibilites narrow.. but you can always flick down the number keypad and scroll through all the possibilities.

You shouldn't have to type a name in that long?

OP
L

ldimick

Reaction score
NubDial is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

butch350

Reaction score
Just go to the little apps tray, find the icon for market, hit the search feature, plug in some search terms, and see what you come up with.

Simple as pie. If there's an app it'll most likely be there.

windstrings

Reaction score
Dialer one finally crashed my whole droid "bad".. I had to uninstall and reboot to clear things up.. it worked perfect till then... what gives?