App for power profiles?

jumpyfroggy

Reaction score
I'm looking for an app that can set different power-saving options depending on the status of the battery.

Running on battery: low brightness, wifi off, gps off
AC power: higher brightness, screen doesn't lock, wifi on, gps on

something like that.

Does this exist?

LordKastle

Reaction score
If you add one of the widgits that come with the phone you'll be all set. It's called "Power Management"..click and hold the home screen...add widgit and click on it. It has everything you need. Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sync, Brightness (Off, Level 1, Level 2)
Edit: NEVERMIND, you said an app that reads the battery level to configure.

OP
J

jumpyfroggy

Reaction score
the main problem I'm trying to solve is when I plug in the Droid while in the car. I play music through Pandora, but the screen locks after 1 minute.

When it's plugged in, I want the screen to not lock, so that I can "thumbs down" a song while driving, and not cause an accident.

and I want it to do this automatically when it gets plugged in. If it can also change other things besides the screenlock timeout, such as ringer volume and wifi, that's even better.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Locale will do all of that. You will have to add a plugin to enable/disable the GPS, but you can setup various profiles based on location, time, battery status. I have mine set to keep the screen on when charging. Also use it to tell the phone to turn on Wi-fi/ringer when I'm at home.

sead0nkey

Reaction score
Very cool it makes the media dock usefull for me. I hateed that it would time out in the dock.

erfoster

Reaction score
There's a program called Power Manager from X Phone software that will automatically apply different profiles based on a number of things. You can make it act differently if it's plugged into a wall vs a computer, change settings at different battery life levels, etc. There's a free and paid version. I thought it was worth a buck for the full version personally.